Pixel junk shooter preview made the 2D loving gamer in me smile. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Smile Pixel junk shooter preview made the 2D loving gamer in me smile.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pi...ands-on?page=1

Quote:
Each PixelJunk game so far has been conceptually completely different - it's hard to believe that they were all created by the same nine individuals at Q-Games, over in Kyoto. What unifies them, as Dylan points out, is their commitment to graphical perfection. "The main goal behind Series 1 of PixelJunk is full HD, 1080p, 60fps, high fidelity 2D," he says. "We wanted to bring back 2D, because up until the PS3, 2D had always been on a standard TV connected with a shitty cable You didn't get the real colours, it was a smudgy mess on the screen. But now we've got the PS3, we've got full HDMI and brilliant, rich colours, and we wanted to go back to 2D a bit and see what we could do with it."
Of course the same could be done on the 360 so that isn't an issue but it's good to see a developer in love with 2D gaming who can churn out fun games.

it's also good to see it get a positive preview!

Quote:
PixelJunk Shooter is an ideal downloadable game in many ways; inventive, accessible, visually and technically interesting, and it will probably be priced around the magic £5 mark. Playing with the game's gloopy liquids is always intuitive and fun, as is the bare-bones shooting. It's out within the next few months and looks absolutely ready for that imminent release. If it can sustain its appeal across three worlds worth of levels, PixelJunk Shooter could well mark the apex of the series.
Long live 2D gaming!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:57 PM

There an anticipated release date for this bad boy? I'm probably downloading it day 1.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:03 PM

There is a Japan release date:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pi...apan-this-year

Quote:
Q-Games' upcoming PlayStation Network release PixelJunk Shooter will go on sale in Japan this December, according to founder Dylan Cuthbert.
How much of a gap were there in the other games release dates for the EU/US stores?

Off topic
I emailed Dylan Cuthbert from of Q-Games and for a personal response from him. I love developers that take time to respond to queries directly.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM

Dec. 10th! I cannot wait!

http://kotaku.com/5417197/pixeljunk-...tore-next-week

Quote:
Christmas comes early to the PlayStation Network, as Q-Games fourth PixelJunk brand game, dubbed PixelJunk Shooter, burrows its way to the North American PlayStation next week.

The December 10 update to the PlayStation Store will offer PixelJunk Shooter for an unannounced price. Here's to hoping that Shooter follows previous PixelJunk pricing at $9.99 USD or less.

For hands-on impressions of Q-Games new game, read our most recent Tokyo Game Show impressions of the downloadable title.

‘Tis the PixelJunk Season… [PlayStation.blog]
Old 12-04-2009, 02:13 AM

Dylan said he expects it to be less than $10. Day one buy for me as well. I'd support just about anything Mr. Cuthbert put out. I've emailed him back and forth several times and he's. Very down to earth guy. And he makes excellent games!