Amazon's new used game trade in program offering a free $30 credit! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned

Default Amazon's new used game trade in program offering a free $30 credit!

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-Tr...d_i=B000UW21A0

Exciting. They could easily trump Gamespot. I'll probably be sending a couple in for that 30 dollar credit...what a bargain!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Banned

That said, the trade in prices are not very enticing.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 AM

Where does it say you get $30?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 AM

This really should be in the bargains thread, but whatever.

Maley - He neglected to mention the $30 is only applicable toward a console purchase. A link with details is on the right side of the page.

I've used Amazon several times now for my trade ins and I think they're great. They gave me $41.50 for Batman a couple of weeks ago and they gave me more for ODST than Gamestop would've. For the most part I think they give better prices than most.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM

There are other factors that make it a decent trade in program. I didn't compare it to Gamestop just because in the past they have never given me a good trade-in but I did compare my trade-in to Best Buy. Amazon gave me $14 more for my trade. To me what makes Amazon trade-in better than Gamestop or Best Buy is that if you use your trade-in towards a new game you will save money using Amazon. For example my friend used Best Buy and got a $53 gift card for his trade in, he then wants to use it to get Batman. With tax Batman will cost him $65 dollars. So he will have to pay $12 out of pocket for the game. If he would have done the same trade in with Amazon (we won't take into consideration he would have had a few extra bucks trade in) he could have bought the game for $52.99 and wouldn't have had to pay a penny for it.

With my trade in I turned around and bought 3 games saving a total of $36 dollars if i bought the games new at Best Buy or Gamestop. And I still have some credit left.

Ofcourse if you can buy/sale/trade on forums you are more likely to get better deals but when compared to Gamestop and Best Buy I think Amazon is pretty good. Also, some games will have more trade-in credit than others. It may not be for everyone but it worked out well for me.

I just hate that I didn't do the trade-in during August when they did have a $30 credit that wasn't limited to a purchase of a console