Bad drive in Xbox, what should I do? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 PM
YellowFlash678's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 849
Default Bad drive in Xbox, what should I do?

Ok my 360pro is 10 days out of warrenty, and with that the disc drive decided to take a shit. This is garbage and they want to make me pay $99. How can I just rrod this thing?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlash678 View Post
Ok my 360pro is 10 days out of warrenty, and with that the disc drive decided to take a shit. This is garbage and they want to make me pay $99. How can I just rrod this thing?
Find an OEM drive and just replace it yourself. Should be able to google it on the web to find the right model/type. Check the bottom of the thread for info. New DVD drives typically run about $10-30, and you might be able to even get one down at the local shop. Just make sure it's the exact same one.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=565113
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
HuskerGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,963
Default

Can't you just tell them it's RROD? I've heard they don't even bother to check for it, they just send you a new one and fix the old one later.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:58 PM
YellowFlash678's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Can't you just tell them it's RROD? I've heard they don't even bother to check for it, they just send you a new one and fix the old one later.
Herd? With my luck they would check mine, could be worth a try though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
YellowFlash678's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Find an OEM drive and just replace it yourself. Should be able to google it on the web to find the right model/type. Check the bottom of the thread for info. New DVD drives typically run about $10-30, and you might be able to even get one down at the local shop. Just make sure it's the exact same one.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=565113
Is this easy to do?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlash678 View Post
Is this easy to do?
Yes. At least I think so, but then I build PC's. At worst I can talk you through it if you need help.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM
BladeofTheImmortal's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,966
Default

I'd try the RROD thing first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB (Buy or Borrow): Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit (Hard Drive to Hard Drive) The Bandit Video Game Exchange 4 12-15-2009 10:36 AM
To End The Xbox Drive Is Faster Than PS3 Drive For Games... WellInformed Gaming Smackdown 94 03-04-2008 05:47 PM
BD-ROM Vs HD-DVD-ROM PC drive price comparison. A BD-ROM drive priced 62% higher Deadmeat High Definition Smackdown 17 01-04-2008 02:55 PM
What is so bad about the 360 HD-DVD drive? SicilianKing HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 31 12-09-2007 03:40 PM
XBOX HD-DRIVE - Mixed Performance or Bad Disc? wkharris HD DVD and Video Game Consoles 18 12-12-2006 08:48 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off