Disgaea Infinite Announced for PSP - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Default Disgaea Infinite Announced for PSP

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...infinite/56565

No clue whats going on with this game but it looks like insanity
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM

I love that it's supposed to focus more on the original Disgaea characters, but I remain skeptical for two reasons. One it's a handheld game, and two it's a genre changing spin-off. I've been burned too often expecting too much from either, to get my hopes up too high.

I just want them to make their next console Strategy RPG. Still, I am a huge Nippon Ichi fanboy, so if I hear good things about it, I'll probably give it a try. But it's not likely to be a day one buy for me.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStroms View Post
I love that it's supposed to focus more on the original Disgaea characters, but I remain skeptical for two reasons. One it's a handheld game, and two it's a genre changing spin-off. I've been burned too often expecting too much from either, to get my hopes up too high.

I just want them to make their next console Strategy RPG. Still, I am a huge Nippon Ichi fanboy, so if I hear good things about it, I'll probably give it a try. But it's not likely to be a day one buy for me.
You'll get a full on console length RPG if they don't halfass it, if that's what you're worried about. It's not like the DS where you'd be worrying about space or it's costs. You'll get your 40 hour RPG.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
You'll get a full on console length RPG if they don't halfass it, if that's what you're worried about. It's not like the DS where you'd be worrying about space or it's costs. You'll get your 40 hour RPG.
It's not length, it not even graphics, it's quality. I've yet to play an original handheld game (aka not a port) that just felt as good as a well made console game.

I've played some of the best rated handheld RPGs. Jeanne d'Arc, Crisis Core, Golden Sun back for the DS. None of them felt like they were any better than decent games. Nothing really special about them.

I know it's possible to put great games on handheld systems, Disgaea: Afternoon of darkness is a great example. But it's a port. I've yet to see it happen for an original game.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 AM

Well I believe it can happen even more then with consoles on the PSP given the native WS for it.
I also believe it's more likely to happen on the PSP versus the DS.