COD 7: Vietnam.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Default COD 7: Vietnam....

http://kotaku.com/5237870/rumor-call...-on-to-vietnam

Quote:
Citing a confidential source, That VideoGame Blog says Activision is pursuing licenses for Vietnam War-era music, as well as Cuban, Soviet Union and African music. They also infer that Treyarch will be the developer.

TVGB says that Noah Heller is involved with this supposed CoD 7; he was the senior producer on World at War, which is taken to mean that Treyarch will be back in the saddle. Sounds about right, as Infinity Ward is developing Modern Warfare 2, with a release date about six months out.

Of course, TVGB points out that, last year, Heller told Official Xbox Magazine that "we are showing the final battles of the Pacific and the European Theatre and that lets us put a close to the war," and "we're happy that we put the war to bed," meaning no more World War II-era shooters for them. But around the same time, he also said. "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again."

The rumored music genres are intriguing. I'm not intimate with the history here, but if we're talking about Cuban and African music, could that mean someone's envisioning, or at least considering, CIA-type secret war operations of the 1960s and 1970s? That might expand this to Call of Duty: The Cold War as opposed to just Vietnam or Southeast Asia.

Per our policy, we've asked Activision for comment. But it's useful to remember that they and many other big publishers have a standing policy of not commenting on rumor and speculation.
Seems to me Treyarch finally gets it. WWII is overused and tired. WaW sucks
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM

It would be nice if someone could finally make a Vietnam game worth playing.

I'd have more hope for this one if IW was developing.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:28 PM

This will be a bit of a touchy subject for me...

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
This will be a bit of a touchy subject for me...
I wonder how Germans feel about WWII shooters? To me, its just entertainment. I'd probably feel differently if I had fought in WWII or had been directly affected by it (losing father or mother, for example). In reality, there is nothing fun or glamorous about war.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I wonder how Germans feel about WWII shooters? To me, its just entertainment. I'd probably feel differently if I had fought in WWII or had been directly affected by it (losing father or mother, for example). In reality, there is nothing fun or glamorous about war.
I'm not going to be hugely offended or anything but I might get a gut reaction feeling some guilt or something

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-23-2009, 08:22 PM

sounds good. cant wait to shoot up charlie.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Winner View Post
sounds good. cant wait to shoot up charlie.

Please be joking

Old 09-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Pass.

Is it so f'n hard to develop a Civil War game? That would be the only thing I care for. I've already (virtually) shot more Germans and Vietnamese than my ancestors could do in these 2 wars, so it's getting rather boring. Shooting Yanks on the other hand is never going to get boring.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
Is it so f'n hard to develop a Civil War game?
This... Although I'm sure COD7 will be awesome, I'd love a good Civil War game!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM

I cant get excited for a game made by Treyarch, have they even made a halfway decent game that they didnt get the entire makeup for done for them. AKA WaW

COD is good every other year,and thats when IW does it. Zombies was a decent addition but nothing worth buying a game for.