How fans can bring trophies to Valkyria Chronicles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-18-2009, 07:47 AM

Default How fans can bring trophies to Valkyria Chronicles

Quote:
Valkyria Chronicles was released exclusively for the Playstation 3 in North America on November 4, 2008. At that time, trophy support weren’t a requirement for a Playstation 3 game. Even so, the possibility is there for Sega to patch trophies into the game.

However, they will need feedback from fans before deciding to do so. Aaron Webber, the Assistant Community Manager for Sega of America, posted the following comments on the Playstation.Blog:

“If you do want to see trophies (and I know that’s a lot of you here), then please do keep an eye out. I’d like to organize all of your feedback together so I can show some people here at SEGA just how many fans out there want them. Numbers speak loudest!”

He later added, “The more Valkyria (and DLC) sells, the easier it is for me to push that trophies are a much-needed addition to the game. At the same time, I personally think it can also be said that trophies themselves can boost game sales single-handedly.”

So, if you are clamoring for trophy support in Valkyria Chronicles, you should let Sega know as much as possible.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6...ria-Chronicles
Damn I just finished it last night, I'll still vote in favor of trophies.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 AM

Thumbs up

It's going to happen, when it does I will destroy the game.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM

I bought this game forever ago and only played the first 2 hours. With all the talk of a trophy patch, I've been holding off. I really hope this comes out soon...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:53 AM

It's not really hard to imagine. There are in game medals. Just give us trophies for those and for finishing the game.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 AM

I thought it wouldn't happen so I push hard to finish this game over the last week. I kinda wish I held off but the game was hella fun.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM

I don't think its going to happen. I would just enjoy the game and not worry about trophies. You should play the game for fun, not for a fake PS3 trophy.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
I don't think its going to happen. I would just enjoy the game and not worry about trophies. You should play the game for fun, not for a fake PS3 trophy.
I played it for fun and now I want to play it for trophies.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:35 AM

Making fans "beg" for trophies is ridiculous. They should either do it or stfu about it.

Same with Yakuza 3 localization.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
Making fans "beg" for trophies is ridiculous. They should either do it or stfu about it.

Same with Yakuza 3 localization.
Yeah, I think 299 ps3 is helping with Yakuza 3 honestly. Once it starts really churning out sales this holiday it'll happen.

And about fuggin time. They never marketed 1, and 2 came out when the ps2 hardcore moved on.

Great games, but they bitch about sales with no backing on the title marketing wise.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 PM

I don't think I saw a single commercial. Only reason I got the game was my friend was jealous that I had a PS3 to play it on and he read all sorts of good stuff on it. When the $30 came out it was enough for me to bite, man was it worth it.