Trine PS3 due this week in Europe - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Default Trine PS3 due this week in Europe

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/15/tr...eek-in-europe/

Quote:
Eurogamer reports -- and Sony Europe has confirmed with Joystiq as well -- that the long-awaited puzzle platformer, Trine, is set to arrive on the European PlayStation Store this week. It appears developer Frozenbyte may have finally worked out its quality assurance testing issues with Sony.

We've contacted Sony America and are still awaiting an official response about the PS3 version's release in North America. Keep an eye on this week's PSN Thursday updates for the final word.

Have had my eyes on this one for awhile, and have been pretty disappointed in the delays. Would love to hear some feedback from Euro account holders who may wind up picking this one up when it's released.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM

pc demo was good, but it's a game that screams console controls to me. it was around $30 on pc
Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM

Haven't seen much talk about this game so I thought I would bump the thread. I just spent the weekend playing it, I'm at the last level, and it's awesome. If you have $20 to spare and you enjoy sidescrollers, you should pick it up.

I guess the PS3 version has some issues if you have your PSEye plugged in (or so I hear) but it ran just fine for me. The music and voice acting are pretty good. The story is very nicely laid out with a narrator in between levels during load times, and it's got a bit of a progressive system with new abilities as you play through it. There's also a collectible in the form of experience bottles that contribute to the new abilities. Half the fun of the game is figuring out how to get the experience bottles you can see that are out of reach.

It's pretty easy and something you can burn through in maybe 6-8 hours for one play-through. The trophies are stiff in that you don't get a bronze for beating each level. Instead you get silver trophies for collecting all of the experience on each level. A little weird, but you could easily boost your level with this game if you take the time to look at a guide.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:33 PM

I played a bit of it and enjoyed it, though the crappy trophies and current game load made me put off the game and forget about it...
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post

Anyone else played it? Thoughts?
Thanks for your impressions. This is something I'd love to pick it up at some point, but $20 seems a bit steep to me for 6-8 hours.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Thanks for your impressions. This is something I'd love to pick it up at some point, but $20 seems a bit steep to me for 6-8 hours.
You are joking, right?

Either you are, or you have never bought a single player FPS or an Adventure game.

Those are usually around 5 hours at most. And usually far more expensive
Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
You are joking, right?

Either you are, or you have never bought a single player FPS or an Adventure game.

Those are usually around 5 hours at most.
Nope, not joking at all. Generally speaking, a FPS will offer much more replayability via a multi-player component. I agree that full retail release adventure games can be 6-8 hours long, but I don't buy many of those and the ones I have generally have more to them and are universally acclaimed. The last pure adventure game I bought was Batman which I beat in probably 6-8 hours, but this was a triple A Batman game . . . also, since this was a retail release, I maintained the ability to sell / trade-in the game, which I did and was only out about $10-$15.

I have a hard time buying a downloadable game for more than $15.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Awesome game. I have it on PS3, and would definetly pick it up again if it were on XBLA.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Nope, not joking at all. Generally speaking, a FPS will offer much more replayability via a multi-player component. I agree that full retail release adventure games can be 6-8 hours long, but I don't buy many of those and the ones I have generally have more to them and are universally acclaimed. The last pure adventure game I bought was Batman which I beat in probably 6-8 hours, but this was a triple A Batman game . . . also, since this was a retail release, I maintained the ability to sell / trade-in the game, which I did and was only out about $10-$15.

I have a hard time buying a downloadable game for more than $15.
Ok. That's a valid point. Haven't thought about the lack of a physical media.

And granted. Multiplayer FPS offer a whole lot more, I was speaking of single-player only ones though.

BTW: I would like to utter the famous "You Americans!"* phrase, now that I see what you consider an Adventure game.

*Copyright by Snadinator