Skate 3 coming in May 2010 (SHOELESS!!!) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Default Skate 3 coming in May 2010 (SHOELESS!!!)

http://kotaku.com/5359773/skate-3-rolls-out-in-2010

Quote:
The third entry in EA's growing skateboarding franchise is coming in 2010, with rival street crews vying for prime Port Carverton turf in Skate 3.

So how is EA's Skate franchise evolving in the face of Activision's new peripheral-based entry in the Tony Hawk franchise? This time around it's all about the community and teamwork, with an all-new co-op mode that allows teammates to complete challenges together, advancing each other's careers in the process. Senior producer Jason DeLong explains the importance of the social side of Skate 3.

"The social and community aspects of the SKATE franchise are something we've always embraced, but we've never done anything to the scale you're going to see in SKATE 3. We're giving gamers a very unique experience by providing them with the tools they need to build their ultimate team or to create a team comprised entirely of their online friends. From there, it's all about proving yourself teaming up, and throwing down."

Along with the emphasis on working together, Skate 3 also features an expanded Hall of Meat, a brand new skate.School to help players learn the ropes, and enhancements to the user-created content with the skate.Create feature suite, which allows players to create their own graphics, videos, and skate parks.

Skate 3 is currently in development for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 at EA's Black Box studio, with a target release date (in the UK at least) of May 2010. Check out the teaser trailer below to witness people skating, which I suppose is all you can really ask for.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-15-2009, 03:28 PM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although bummer if its all online co-op stuff. I havent even had an desire to try them on Skate2
Old 09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, gotta' admit, while I love Skate, the new co-op multi-player aspect has me worried. If how I progress in the game is more and more dependent on whether other people feel like being jerks that day or not, that severely lessens my anticipation of the game. But then I err on the side of pessimism and assume that when you play online, 9/10 there will always be at least ONE guy who is just there to screw everyone else up.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM

And that guy is me...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM

I agree, I hate the online for the most part. I can never find a group of "good" guys to play with. I have all the offline achievements for 1360 and it will probably stay that way.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Knowing EA, they'll probably sell you the trophies for a price.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-15-2009, 06:28 PM

hell yea I love skate. I own both skate 1 and 2, and definitely get 3. I dunno about co-op though none of my friends play this game so il have to find someone online.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 PM
HDD Contributor

I'll wait on more information about how this plays out. I have at least one guaranteed Monster Skate Buddy would be more than happy to help out with co-op stuff, but it really all depends on how much of a multi-player experience they intend Skate 3 to be. If it's like 60-40 in favor of multi-player I may kiss the series goodbye. That's not a direction I'm interested in.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM

I've never bought either of the previous games, but I LOVED the Tony Hawk series (in its peak). I played the demo of the first one but somehow never got around to picking it up. Do you guys feel the first one shows its age to much to pick up (hence picking up the 2nd one) or should does it still hold up as a decent game (given its cheap now)? I'm looking for a cheap game and Skate has always tempted me.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
HDD Contributor

The first Skate is still a pretty strong game, and if you can find it cheap and like skateboard games, then it's pretty much a no-brainer. Skate 2 just added a few tweaks to the mechanics like getting off your board and being able to construct your own "rigs" for tricks out of benches, boxes and such. The core control is still basically the same and a lot of fun.