Which PS3 games are easiest to get Platinum trophies in? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 AM

Default Which PS3 games are easiest to get Platinum trophies in?

Now, I know that trophies are nothing but bragging right showing off e-penises but some of us really get a kick out getting them. So I ask you guys , what games have been the easiest for you to get a Platinum. Hours required to do so would be very useful to hear.

I will start on my take:

Easy:
- Uncharted Drakes Fortune : Time requirements roughly ~20 hours ( Start on HARD! ). Strategy guide second time through for treasures is a huge help.

HARD:
- Warhawk : God, probably 300 hours unless your just sick at the game. I have roughly 100 hours and only 70% of the trophies. The worst part about going for platinum in this game is there is no just no way around avoiding large amounts of time needed to get the highest rankings in the game.

Also, on a side note, I wish PSN games had Platinum trophies. .
Old 09-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Banned

You can probably level up faster getting less trophies in many different games int he same amount of time.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:25 AM

Fallout 3 - Easy

All it really requires is a lot of time, so it could go well beyond 60 hours. If you are smart you will try to maintain neutral karma as you level up. That way you can save the game before leveling, easily swing toward evil, level up, get the trophy and restart from the neutral save, and swing toward good for the "opposite" trophy.

Most games that require a play through on insane difficulty levels for a trophy, I don't bother trying to platinum. I've beaten hard games before, I just can't handle the aggravation anymore. Hard games make me want to punch a baby.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 AM

Fallout 3 is easy but time consuming. Batman: Arkham Asylum can take you about 20 hours, although the challenge missions can be a bit difficult. Then there's Resident Evil 5, in which, if you play with an experienced co-op partner, it's doable within 30 hours or so

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-13-2009, 02:34 AM
HDD Contributor

Aquanaut's Holiday is easy, but time consuming. The Force Unleashed is also not too bad.

Wipeout HD will bring you to your knees.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 AM

I'm up to 78% on Batman. The last road block for me are the high scores for free flow challenges (especially the one with the electric floor). I'm hoping that practice will get me to the platinum.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Televator View Post
I'm up to 78% on Batman. The last road block for me are the high scores for free flow challenges (especially the one with the electric floor). I'm hoping that practice will get me to the platinum.
It will. Learning to use a variety of moves will also greatly help your score, although not the time limits.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Televator View Post
Fallout 3 - Easy

All it really requires is a lot of time, so it could go well beyond 60 hours. If you are smart you will try to maintain neutral karma as you level up. That way you can save the game before leveling, easily swing toward evil, level up, get the trophy and restart from the neutral save, and swing toward good for the "opposite" trophy.

Most games that require a play through on insane difficulty levels for a trophy, I don't bother trying to platinum. I've beaten hard games before, I just can't handle the aggravation anymore. Hard games make me want to punch a baby.
me too,Most games that require a play through on insane difficulty levels for a trophy, I don't bother trying to platinum.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Terminator Salvation is a super easy platinum, but you'll lose part of your soul after playing it. Otherwise, Infamous and RE5 are relatively easy plats.

Edit - Warhawk takes much longer than 300 hours even for the best of the best. I'd guess it's closer to 600-800 if all you are doing is focusing on getting the platinum.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Terminator Salvation is a super easy platinum, but you'll lose part of your soul after playing it. Otherwise, Infamous and RE5 are relatively easy plats.

Edit - Warhawk takes much longer than 300 hours even for the best of the best. I'd guess it's closer to 600-800 if all you are doing is focusing on getting the platinum.
I wonder if anyone has the platinum for Warhawk... >_>