Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Thoughts - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Default Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Thoughts

So i just beat my first playthrough, and i wont spoil the story, but some thoughts on improvements and things that changed for the worse.

Alternate costumes there are now only 1 for each character and most are crappy.

Less powers but i think that simplifies things as alot of the character who sucked and powers sucked now have better attack powers, and even the people i dont like are more enjoyable now.

Im tired of being limited to so few characters, when there are so many why keep the number so low. Missing as playable characters are.
Punisher
Blade
Nightcrawler
Cyclops
Silver Surfer
Magneto
Black Panther
lots of xmen
War Machine
many others im sure im forgetting

Also with this story it was a good opportunity to let us use more villians, adding the green goblin was great and he is one of my favorite new characters, but i would love to be able to us more.

My 4 favorite are probally
Wolverine
Green Goblin
Gambit
And i switched between Jean Grey and Storm alot

Love the new collection of money it just comes to you like the red and blue orbs in the first one and the Legends games.

All in all i enjoyed almost every character, and that was something i didnt in the older ones.

Still dont like the way these guys play

Reed Richerds
Daredevil
Spiderman
Pennance

the new guys are
Pennance
Song Bird
Iron Fist
Green Goblin
and Gambit has returned cool as ever.

Anyways let me know what you guys think, about the game when you are able to aquire it, i got lucky and a store sold it early

Also forgot to mention the new Fusions are pretty cool thought alot of them are alike.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

green goblin in the game? nice! i need to check this game out.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:59 PM

So compared to the first game, how do you rate it?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
So compared to the first game, how do you rate it?
Not sure really, Storyline wise and level wise i liked the first one more id say, and Character wise i would say this one with improvements to lost of characters, but hate not having multiple outfits and the extra one you do get is pretty lame most of the time. So id say about even, but it will probally have varied oppinions with the changes.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM

One extra costume? That sucks.

What are Venom and Spidey's alternates?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Is gameplay overall the same?

Im getting ODST and this or Sigma 2, I dont know which yet. One will have to wait.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 PM

As good as the first? That's not going to cut it against the mighty Arkham Asylum.

Suck it Godstar.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
As good as the first? That's not going to cut it against the mighty Arkham Asylum.

Suck it Godstar.
Overrated Batman game. Hell Id praise a DC game also since the rest were crap and this one was decent

Spoiler
DOWNLOAD DEAD OR ALIVE 4 DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Overrated Batman game. Hell Id praise a DC game also since the rest were crap and this one was decent

Spoiler
DOWNLOAD DEAD OR ALIVE 4 DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I repeat
Quote:
Yeah f'in right. I'll never do it now to spite you. DOA can give a blowey to Tekken because that's all DOA deserves to do. It only deserves to bend down in front of a far far far far far far far superior fighting game and SUCK IT. The games are so horrible and I don't care about any of them. They're all just a number to me....like shitty fighting game #1 and shitty fighting game #4.....GOOD DAY *Salute*
You and I are done professionally.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post

Suck it Godstar.
AA was only ok, its really noobish and doing the same 1 or 2 silent takedowns over and over got boring quick. You should flat out just be able to grapple to more and the overused and gimicky gargoyles got old quick. It was worth a play through but im glad i didnt buy it. Also the last fight with joker was stupid. Also the combat was lame, and once again very noobish and simplistic. But the story was alright and i enjoyed most of the boss fights with the exception of the last one even though the goliath type characters and the damn batarang were way overused.