Uncharted: Drakes F.- Worth the Buy? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 AM

Uncharted: Drakes F.- Worth the Buy?

I'm certain this game has been talked about before, but since I'm just now getting a PS3 (arrives today) I was wondering about the games overall graphics quality, etc...

Any feedback is realy appreciated! Thanks everyone.

...You know what would be a fun game (if it was put together correctly....) is a games based on the last "Rambo" movie.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerosmith View Post
I'm certain this game has been talked about before, but since I'm just now getting a PS3 (arrives today) I was wondering about the games overall graphics quality, etc...

Any feedback is realy appreciated! Thanks everyone.

...You know what would be a fun game (if it was put together correctly....) is a games based on the last "Rambo" movie.
The game is excellent. Witty, funny dialog, great action, good story and good gameplay.

But - (theres always a but)

right now, there are alot of complaints and instances of that particular game locking up after the latest ps3 firmware update. I would suggest either a) picking up the game, but holding off on playing it until this issue is resolved or b) not picking it up until the issue is resolved.

Uncharted 2 comes out sometime in November, which is going to be a must-own...I would definitely suggest this game, but the lock-up issue happening right now will ruin your enjoyment of it.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Edit: Beat to the punch!

I'd go with MGS4 for the moment until they get that glitch situation sorted out.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM

So couldn't I hold off on the Firmware update, and play the Uncharted game okay, without interruptions...?

Or am I better off with the Firmware update & holding off on the fix for the game?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerosmith View Post
So couldn't I hold off on the Firmware update, and play the Uncharted game okay, without interruptions...?

Or am I better off with the Firmware update & holding off on the fix for the game?
Yes, you could do that. There aren't any online components to Uncharted 1 that will force you to do the firmware update. For some reason, I had thought you got your PS3 yesterday and already did the firmware update.

It really is a great action game...I couldn't recommend it enough, especially with Uncharted 2 coming out soon..You certainly need to check out the first one so you can familiarize yourself with the characters and the backstory etc before picking up the 2nd one.

What are your favorite types of games? If you are a big first-person shooter type of player, you may not have the same appreciation for it that I do..
Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Well, if you never want to go online, you can hold off on the firmware update and (probably) play the game just fine.

You can also just get the update and it is possible that the game will also be fine.

The other alternative is that the game will freeze on you.

The makers of Uncharted will most likely release a patch for the game to fix this problem. In the meantime, I'd just get something else so you don't end up really getting into the game then get really disappointed when it stops working.

Edit: AGAIN!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM

Actually Uncharted 2, a.k.a. National Half Tuck Day, drops October 13th.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Actually Uncharted 2, a.k.a. National Half Tuck Day, drops October 13th.
I'm so ashamed I had that wrong.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
I'm so ashamed I had that wrong.
As well you should be.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
As well you should be.
I'm going to have to get drunk on my lunch break to wash away the guilt.