DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero thoughts - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM

Default DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero thoughts

I was wondering what peoples first impressions of these games are.

I worked an Activision party last night and they were demoing and showing the highlights of each game and was pretty impressed by DJ Hero. It looks hard as hell but also looks like a lot of fun.

The other games just seemed like more advanced versions of existing games, still fun but nothing that looked really revolutionary.

BTW... Activision throws a hell of a party. Camp Freddy played followed by Ozzy Osbourne. The only pathetic thing about the entire event was that people were still playing the demo stations set up all around the venue while the bands were on stage. Let's see... watch Ozzy or play a video game? seems like a simple answer to me.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:50 PM

DJ Hero and Guitar Hero 5 are buys for me. They both look fun. DJ Hero is at least something new from all the plastic guitar drum games. I am glad to see they are sticking some new modes online for Guitar Hero 5 and changing some things around because the series was getting stale. Plus I am a huge Nirvana fan, and having Kurt Cobain as a in game character is awesome! Cant say that I am impressed with Band Hero though, looks like its more geared at kids with music like Jonas Brothers or something.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
Let's see... watch Ozzy or play a video game? seems like a simple answer to me.
Yeah... play videogame.

That guy can barely shit without a diaper at this point, and I'm supposed to watch him "perform"?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Yeah... play videogame.

That guy can barely shit without a diaper at this point, and I'm supposed to watch him "perform"?
The dude comes alive on stage, he can barely hold a conversation. Put a mic in front of him and 30 years of stage presence kicks in and he's normal.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 AM

I'm definately interested in checking out DJ Hero just since its something different to try out.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 AM

DJ Hero should never have been developed and it should be scrapped.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 AM

I think I'll skip the DJ Hero game. I don't know how you can have fun with a bunch of sensored rap songs. I've got Guitar Hero 5 coming from Amazon today though. Sounds like Activision added a whole mess of stuff to this new one. I couldn't pass up a free copy of Van Halen and a $10 dollar gift card. I do think they need to quit making so many damn Hero games and get busy with releasing good downloadable content.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM

I dont get the point of having GH5 Band Hero and GH Van Halen coming out so close together. Activisions business strategy is just ridiculous. There's no reason to have so many of the same games released at the same time. I think Harmonix's strategy is much better and much more organized, they probably make more money too because DLC sells for $2 a pop when Activision is getting like $1 or less per song on disc.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM

I'm one of the few people that prefer to play Guitar Hero over Rock Band 2, but I certainly don't agree with Activision whoreing the franchise out so much. I would much rather see all these single band games be dlc rather than making a whole game out of them. Rock Band has a great music library, I just don't like the way it plays as much.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
DJ Hero should never have been developed and it should be scrapped.
It could work well with techno/trance music since one of my roommates use to DJ in college and that's pretty much the type of music he mixed with. Doesn't have to be rap or anything like that.