360 problem...looking for help w/ customer service. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Default 360 problem...looking for help w/ customer service.

My friend down the street just had his 360 die. A little over a year ago he had the RRoD and he sent it in no problems. Now he doesn't get picture or sound. He's within the original 3 years (but that's only RRoD and E-74 I think right?) So he called them up and they said $99, and even the supervisor said this.

I know some ppl here have dealt w/ customer service so I'm just trying to help him out.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maley View Post
My friend down the street just had his 360 die. A little over a year ago he had the RRoD and he sent it in no problems. Now he doesn't get picture or sound. He's within the original 3 years (but that's only RRoD and E-74 I think right?) So he called them up and they said $99, and even the supervisor said this.

I know some ppl here have dealt w/ customer service so I'm just trying to help him out.
I'd keep calling back and complaining about it. If it's E-74 then it should be covered. He could also go online and file a service request.

If they start giving you lip about the $99, then say that you could always put it towards getting a new PS3 slim. That should shut them up.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM

Go Here...

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...px?step=repair

Register his console (Bottom Left portion of menu) If you haven't already done so.

sign in with his Live ID.

Click Repair your console

Follow on Screen messages.

If it's under 3 years old and it has the RROD or e74 message your repair will only cost you packaging materials at UPS when you take the label they send you in. If the problem is something other then those 2 items then it'll cost you the $99.

I've had 2 RROD since 2005... the first I called in and it was a pain in the ass... the 2nd I did what I just told you and it was really easy and quick. I can't guarentee your experience will be the same, but it's worth a shot to avoid customer service.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
Go Here...

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...px?step=repair

Register his console (Bottom Left portion of menu) If you haven't already done so.

sign in with his Live ID.

Click Repair your console

Follow on Screen messages.

If it's under 3 years old and it has the RROD or e74 message your repair will only cost you packaging materials at UPS when you take the label they send you in. If the problem is something other then those 2 items then it'll cost you the $99.

I've had 2 RROD since 2005... the first I called in and it was a pain in the ass... the 2nd I did what I just told you and it was really easy and quick. I can't guarentee your experience will be the same, but it's worth a shot to avoid customer service.
Ok so if it's only not sending video than it's something else? Isn't there a way to induce RRoD?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Ok so if it's only not sending video than it's something else? Isn't there a way to induce RRoD?

Just tell them its intermittent RROD; its random. They don't have the time or resources to wait for your console to RROD. They'll slap a new mobo in there and ship it back.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Just tell them its intermittent RROD; its random. They don't have the time or resources to wait for your console to RROD. They'll slap a new mobo in there and ship it back.
+1, If any large consumer elctronics company tells you "it must be this or this to be covered," then simply report "this or this," as the issed. James is exactly right, they'll likely send you a new console and then diagnose your old one later...
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Throw as many towells as you can on top of the console and let it run for about 2-3 hours. That should more then do the job. Just make sure you're around or you may burn the house down.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post

that's the way you do it... money for nothing and 360 repairs for free.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:50 PM

that's entirely dishonest
Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
that's entirely dishonest

Yeah, it is.....but, I am sure most of these problems are tied to RROD, regardless.

If MS really wanted to be strict about it, they could check and enforce it. The fact that they don't says something, IMO.

Last edited by james; 08-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.