(XBL) Downloaded game not showing up anywhere. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Default (XBL) Downloaded game not showing up anywhere.

The situation is as following.

I just downloaded Scrabble for 800 MSP, along with the free of charge Hasbro Family Game Night launcher. However, the game is nowhere to be seen.

Is there a special way to start those games within the launcher? Or could it be, that this game is region locked? But if so, how come I could download it?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post

I just downloaded Scrabble for 800 MSP, along with the free of charge Hasbro Family Game Night launcher. However, the game is nowhere to be seen.

Is there a special way to start those games within the launcher? Or could it be, that this game is region locked? But if so, how come I could download it?
I think you have to start the game from within the hasbro game launcher. I've never got one so I'm not positive, but when I did the demo it seemed like it has it's own setup within it.

It should show up in that little TV screen room where you select your games.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
I think you have to start the game from within the hasbro game launcher. I've never got one so I'm not positive, but when I did the demo it seemed like it has it's own setup within it.

It should show up in that little TV screen room where you select your games.
That's exactly what I did but it never showed up.

EDIT: Redownloaded it (had the European version before) and still, nothing.

The front room reads (from top to bottom) "Boogle, Yahtzee, Connect4, Sorry!, Battleship, Sorry! Sliders".

Looks like it's IP blocked then. Might have to look into VPN then (if that is still legal).
Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:

It should be in the launcher. I played the demo and I saw all the games listed there. And after playign 1/2 a game of connect 4 when i told me I had to buy the game I quickly deleted it off my 360.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
It should be in the launcher. I played the demo and I saw all the games listed there. And after playign 1/2 a game of connect 4 when i told me I had to buy the game I quickly deleted it off my 360.
Where are you located? US or UK?

EDIT:

Just saw that there is a "Change Locale" option. Could it help changing those to "US"?
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Where are you located? US or UK?

EDIT:

Just saw that there is a "Change Locale" option. Could it help changing those to "US"?
If it still doesn't work, I would call MS and ask them. It should be enabled if you've downloaded it. If it's region locked it shouldn't be viewable from your list of purchasable games.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
If it still doesn't work, I would call MS and ask them. It should be enabled if you've downloaded it. If it's region locked it shouldn't be viewable from your list of purchasable games.
Ok. Thank you.

Which MS service department should I call then? The European one (where I have my main-account), or the North-American one (where I downloaded Scrabble from)?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Ok. Thank you.

Which MS service department should I call then? The European one (where I have my main-account), or the North-American one (where I downloaded Scrabble from)?
I'd call the European one since you can still ask them if something downloaded from the US still applies to your UK account. Since they're separate accounts that could be the problem, if your trying to play the game from your UK account that is.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I'd call the European one since you can still ask them if something downloaded from the US still applies to your UK account. Since they're separate accounts that could be the problem, if your trying to play the game from your UK account that is.
Ok.

Changing locale did nothing to solve it.

Hopefully the MS support will be more helpful than the last time I called them (I asked them for the repair of my HD-DVD drive and the told me to just stick to the office clip trick).

PS: I tried both. Accessing them from my main-account and from the US one.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 AM

It makes sense that changing the region would get it to work since Hasbro distributes Scrabble only in the US. In the rest of the world, it's distributed by Mattel.