Mirror's Edge 2 confirmed in development :) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Default Mirror's Edge 2 confirmed in development :)

I'm a happy sally:

http://www.n4g.com/events_e32009/News-345198.aspx
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Hopefully they fix the major issues with the game as it definitely has potential as a franchise.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:16 PM
HDD Contributor

Good for them. And EA for actually backing this. I doubt the series would have survived under Activision's new "Only exploitable, successful franchises" agenda.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Good for them. And EA for actually backing this. I doubt the series would have survived under Activision's new "Only exploitable, successful franchises" agenda.
You mean the "No new IP's hence forth and milk the ones we have" policy?

Strange times when EA is appearing to fight the good fight and Activition lost their roots.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
You mean the "No new IP's hence forth and milk the ones we have" policy?

Strange times when EA is appearing to fight the good fight and Activition lost their roots.
It's a sign of the End Days. When a company known for yearly updates of franchises is fighting to keep new IPs alive, and the company that first started the whole concept of 3rd party developer is cranking out its umpteenth iteration of Guitar Hero and suing developers out of spite because their rejected new IP might actually make money after all...

How does this happen?

It's almost like Trip Hawkins went back to EA and we're going to get announcements of new Archon, Adventure/Pinball Construction set and M.U.L.E. sequels.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
It's a sign of the End Days. When a company known for yearly updates of franchises is fighting to keep new IPs alive, and the company that first started the whole concept of 3rd party developer is cranking out its umpteenth iteration of Guitar Hero and suing developers out of spite because their rejected new IP might actually make money after all...

How does this happen?

It's almost like Trip Hawkins went back to EA and we're going to get announcements of new Archon, Adventure/Pinball Construction set and M.U.L.E. sequels.
Hey man... the tallest basketball player is Asian, the best rapper is white, the best golf player is black...

The world has gone unrecognizable! haha.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM

I'll be very interested to see how this turns out. I tried and tried and just couldn't forgive the issues with Mirror's Edge. I really like the ideas and there is a ton of value there...But after 20 times of attempting a complicated jumping puzzle on an engine with wonky collision detection and unresponsive controls, while getting shot at by a friggin' machine gun, I gave up and traded the game in.

Lot's of potential there. When that game let's you really do it right, it's really awesome.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:58 PM

I laughed out loud in Mirror's Edge when I was zip lining and let go... I ended up stomping some guard and unlocked an achievements called "It's A ME!"
Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
I'll be very interested to see how this turns out. I tried and tried and just couldn't forgive the issues with Mirror's Edge. I really like the ideas and there is a ton of value there...But after 20 times of attempting a complicated jumping puzzle on an engine with wonky collision detection and unresponsive controls, while getting shot at by a friggin' machine gun, I gave up and traded the game in.

Lot's of potential there. When that game let's you really do it right, it's really awesome.
We'll agree to disagree on Mirror's Edge. The controls were tricky to come to grips with, but I had no problems with them once I got over the learning curve. I had a lot of fun with it, but I could also see how the demands of the particular control system with regards to timing, precision and agility could grate on a lot of players. I just happened to be a LOT more patient and forgiving with them than a lot of people who shared similar views to you.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Hey man... the tallest basketball player is Asian, the best rapper is white, the best golf player is black...

The world has gone unrecognizable! haha.
This used to be funnier when it ended with: And our country is led by Bush, Dick, and Colin.

Quote:
I laughed out loud in Mirror's Edge when I was zip lining and let go... I ended up stomping some guard and unlocked an achievements called "It's A ME!"
LMAO oh man that's awesome.

I'm a bit stuck at this point. I have a few hours left in infamous (probably 6-8 to get everything done). After that, in my backlog, I have the option of Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, or my friend lent me H.A.W.X. (cawx). I'm thinking I'll proably play ME, then Dead Space, and just return hawx unplayed. I'm moving in 2 months - there's no way I'll get around to the 3rd game.