I'm convinced that Red Steel 2 will be great - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2009, 11:03 PM

Default I'm convinced that Red Steel 2 will be great

After watching E3 footage and this video walkthrough, I think Red Steel 2 will be great. After getting and playing Tiger Woods 10, I'm convinced that Wii Motion Plus is worth it.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Wrong forum! This ain't smackdown material.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 PM

I have to say that the footage you posted of Red Steel 2 does look sweet.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 AM
HDD Contributor

It's certainly possible for any developer to acquit themselves if they take the criticisms of their game to heart and try to correct them in the sequel.

That's what I keep telling myself with regards to Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed 2. The first had so much potential... At least now they know what's wrong with it.

And apparently there won't be a crazy number of flags to collect this time. The director of the game said that he put the flags in there as kind of "meta-joke" about the futility of collecting things and has said he won't be so mean this time around.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 AM

That's pretty cool video. We'll see.

The first was the opposite of good.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
It's certainly possible for any developer to acquit themselves if they take the criticisms of their game to heart and try to correct them in the sequel.

That's what I keep telling myself with regards to Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed 2. The first had so much potential... At least now they know what's wrong with it.

And apparently there won't be a crazy number of flags to collect this time. The director of the game said that he put the flags in there as kind of "meta-joke" about the futility of collecting things and has said he won't be so mean this time around.
I'm almost positive AC2 will succeed. AC1 practically layed out the ground work for an amazing franchise. It just had some large gaps it needed to fill, such as a better stealth system and more variety.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 AM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I'm almost positive AC2 will succeed. AC1 practically layed out the ground work for an amazing franchise. It just had some large gaps it needed to fill, such as a better stealth system and more variety.
We can only hope. There was so much promise in that game. Brilliant engine, tight controls, interesting premise. Completely undeveloped world.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
We can only hope. There was so much promise in that game. Brilliant engine, tight controls, interesting premise. Completely undeveloped world.
I dig the Italian Renaissance period with Leonardo DaVinci! Even though I got bored out of my mind with the original due to the repetition, I miss it dearly. The platforming, graphics and premise were all top notch. If the Devs learned their lessons, AC2 will be AAA material.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Not to sound like a dick but can we PLEASE get a Wii "Bushido Blade" or "Kengo" already? This shallow slash shit doesn't cut it for me. I want a full on back and forth Samurai style fight in the vein of the games I mentioned, with motion control working well. I want to FEEL like I'm sword fighting back and forth. I wouldn't even mind if it was European styled, a la Foil, instead.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
They already said no bench eave's dropping in AC2