Overlord 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM

Default Overlord 2

Anyone else try the demo? I thought it was hilarious. Killing the seals and the hippy elves... it's almost political.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Is it a 360 demo on live Snad? me want, will dl tonight...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, I did try the demo. They cleaned up a few sticking points from the first game, like finally mapping the camera to the right analog stick without need to hold down L1 to do it. Also seems more straight up evil than the neutered version of the first game. I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not even finished the first one yet.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
Is it a 360 demo on live Snad? me want, will dl tonight...
I saw it on PSN and tried it but I'm sure it is on XBL as well since it's a multi plat.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM

Thanks Snad, I'll check for it after work. If not, I'll go upstairs and load on the PS3.

edit: It is on live-I just added to queue
Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Yeah, I did try the demo. They cleaned up a few sticking points from the first game, like finally mapping the camera to the right analog stick without need to hold down L1 to do it. Also seems more straight up evil than the neutered version of the first game. I'll probably pick this up at some point, but I'm not even finished the first one yet.
Ditto, something about the game just didn't put it very high on my 'games to play' queue.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Banned

i liked what i just played. when those seals first showed up, i was like... Ohhhhhh shit! peta is going to be pissed! lol... straight up fun... and really.. the elves were hippies? to be honest.. i thought they were supposed to be gay. with the whole lispy talking and rainbows everywhere....

"ohhhh .. the fluffy animalths.... thumbody thave them!" lol... great fun. i really liked the first.. look forward to this one.

add me to the still never beat the first one. i was on the last guy and could never win.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
i liked what i just played. when those seals first showed up, i was like... Ohhhhhh shit! peta is going to be pissed! lol... straight up fun... and really.. the elves were hippies? to be honest.. i thought they were supposed to be gay. with the whole lispy talking and rainbows everywhere....

"ohhhh .. the fluffy animalths.... thumbody thave them!" lol... great fun. i really liked the first.. look forward to this one.

add me to the still never beat the first one. i was on the last guy and could never win.
yea the elves are hippies, in other words gay. (not my opinion, just the stereotype)

I always took the first overlord as being satirical so this one strikes me as no different

they had the elves doing some ballet moves and stuff lol
Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Ended up not finishing the first one, but I did have some fun with it. I love minions! I want one!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Loved the 1st one... but as well only accomplished the Dark side to win the Evil Maiden, never won the good one... only thing that bothered me with the 1st one for several weeks was the lack of a map or any navigation... granted it's closer to real life that way but a lot of terrain looks the same unlike real life so your bugged by trying to find your way around. (then again I was always used to a mini-map in Warcraft and take that for granted in any other game.)

Yea... 1st game made a mockery of Halflings and Frodo by having you slay them with glee... this one looks to follow that tradition of insulting every Race.