Kojima helping out on new Castlevania - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Default Kojima helping out on new Castlevania

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows will be an open world game due in 2010 but I don't think they've mentioned in any official capacity what Kojima's role will be.

Hopefully Konami can finally bring Castlevania back in a big way. The handheld entries have been fun, but I was fearing the series was pretty much relegated to that now.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
HDD Contributor

I hope he's got some major involvement. For his sake and for gamers. The poor guy's been a Metal Gear machine for the last several years. He needs a break. Even George Lucas didn't produce nothing but Star Wars movies from the 70's onwards, and it's not like Spielberg created only family friendly entertainment. You need to do something different. Kojima REALLY needs a break from Metal Gear, and I'd be interested to see what he does with another project outside the MGS-verse.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I hope he's got some major involvement. For his sake and for gamers. The poor guy's been a Metal Gear machine for the last several years. He needs a break. Even George Lucas didn't produce nothing but Star Wars movies from the 70's onwards, and it's not like Spielberg created only family friendly entertainment. You need to do something different. Kojima REALLY needs a break from Metal Gear, and I'd be interested to see what he does with another project outside the MGS-verse.
Yeah I agree he should get a break, but for somewhat hypocritical reasons.

Basically I hope that once he can get away for a bit and try new things, he may want to come back to MG at some point. Now I don't necessarily mean to start a whole new series of game, but just do one now and then, rotated with other games.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 PM

Could we possibly have the first GOOD 3D Castlevania! Let's hope so! Swinging has been done well in Bionic Commando, Spider-Man 2 and God of War 2! Where's Castlevania!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

But the two N64 titles were gr...

Sorry, nearly puked trying to say that.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 AM

I always considered DMC to be the closest to a 3D Castlevania. It just lacked the charm of that particular series.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 AM

I actually liked Lament of Innocence.. that's right. Anyway, this isn't going to be a Japanese developed one but they're some great voice talent on board (including Patrick Stewart). Mercury Stream is handling it while Kojima Productions is overlooking matters.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 AM

i'm betting we'll see lots of vampire & succubus cleavage with maniacle laughing with suggestive whipping lines. Blood barrel hiding item?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX2 View Post
I actually liked Lament of Innocence.. that's right. Anyway, this isn't going to be a Japanese developed one but they're some great voice talent on board (including Patrick Stewart). Mercury Stream is handling it while Kojima Productions is overlooking matters.
To be honest I'd forgotten about the PS2/Xbox entries. Yeah, LoI wasn't bad, though I thought it odd that Dracula got his power and then just ran, but the follow up about Dracula's old weapon maker or whatever he was sucked.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 AM

I think that the potential on console exists as a XBL/PSN game. With a decent budget, they can make a gorgeous 2D game (either sprites or polygonal ala BC Rearmed). The 3D games will always end up being comparable to other action titles like DMC, and with enough puzzles, God of War.