Xbox fans- question. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM

Default Xbox fans- question.

If were to download a game add-on, with one account, could I play the content on another? If both accounts are on the same 360?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 AM

nope, sorry
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
nope, sorry
That's retarded. My step brother made my account three years ago, and set my age as ten. Now I can't buy anything with my twenty dollars in MS points!! I want that mass effect expansion SO bad!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM

I'm not so sure about that previous answer, the x-box uses 2 different authentication schemes... One is the hardware it's self has an identifier, the other is your user account. While I haven't tried playing games or addons purchased on an account other than the one I purchased it on, it makes no sense that it wouldn't work.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
That's retarded. My step brother made my account three years ago, and set my age as ten. Now I can't buy anything with my twenty dollars in MS points!! I want that mass effect expansion SO bad!
I don't see how it's retarded. How else should it be done? Freely give it to anybody? Suppose I sell my console, should the next dude who has it have access to a ton of free stuff and then I in turn could redownload it all on a new console.

Blame your brother for setting your age as 10.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I don't see how it's retarded. How else should it be done? Freely give it to anybody? Suppose I sell my console, should the next dude who has it have access to a ton of free stuff and then I in turn could redownload it all on a new console.

Blame your brother for setting your age as 10.
No, do it like the PSN. allow sharing with up to five people. Or let me change my age for fricks sake. I called Microsoft and they said they couldnt varify that i was over ten. Seriously?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
No, do it like the PSN. allow sharing with up to five people.
You are aware there are entire communities that have sprung up on the net with the sole purpose of exploiting that 5 install policy to the full limit right? Microsoft doesn't want to repeat that mistake. There's no reason not to have a 1-1 policy with downloaded content. The fact that Sony put it out there is a bonus, not a right.

Quote:
Or let me change my age for fricks sake. I called Microsoft and they said they couldnt varify that i was over ten. Seriously?
Not sure who you called by they certainly can verify your age if you get a hold of customer service and give them the information they ask for. A friend of mine setup his account after a night of drinking and got some of the information wrong. He called customer service a few days later and they straightened it all out over the phone. He did have to provide his name, address, phone number, and credit card for identification purposes, but he got fixed up just fine.

Question: Are you over 18? They won't change anything for you if you are under 18 for legal reasons.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
No, do it like the PSN. allow sharing with up to five people.
Do you honestly believe that makes any buisiness sense?
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
You are aware there are entire communities that have sprung up on the net with the sole purpose of exploiting that 5 install policy to the full limit right? Microsoft doesn't want to repeat that mistake. There's no reason not to have a 1-1 policy with downloaded content. The fact that Sony put it out there is a bonus, not a right.

Not sure who you called by they certainly can verify your age if you get a hold of customer service and give them the information they ask for. A friend of mine setup his account after a night of drinking and got some of the information wrong. He called customer service a few days later and they straightened it all out over the phone. He did have to provide his name, address, phone number, and credit card for identification purposes, but he got fixed up just fine.

Question: Are you over 18? They won't change anything for you if you are under 18 for legal reasons.
Yep, over 18. I'll re-call them tonight.

I know it makes no buisness sense, but dang it i like it anyway!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Yep, over 18. I'll re-call them tonight.

I know it makes no buisness sense, but dang it i like it anyway!

I really enjoyed being a pirate and getting all of my content for free. But it never lasts. When I got a letter from my ISP saying I had been added to their watch list and further illegal activity would have my account discontinued, I had to concede it wasn't for the best. I think we'll see Sony drop their 5 installs policy eventually, though it may be next gen.