Your Top 10 upcoming games? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Default Your Top 10 upcoming games?

We're half way through 2009 and the big question is.. What are you looking forward to most?

For me it's got to be

10) Blaze Blue
09) Alan Wake
08) Heavy Rain
07) Assassin's Creed 2
06) God of War 3
05) Bioshock 2
04) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
03) Bayonetta
02) Uncharted 2
01) Final Fantasy 13

And that's just the full announced stuff! New Kojima! New team ICO project! Murasama, Bad Company 2 and all the other games that got bumped that deserve a spot.. It's shaping up to be another great year.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:03 PM

I don't think I can make a "Top 10". There isn't that many I'm that excited about.

I could possibly make a "Top 5", it'll still be stretching it though.

1. Alan Wake
2. Half Life Episode 3
3. God Of War 3 (Though, I'm losing excitement with each "announcement")
4. Mass Effect 2 ( Really digging the "continuation" aspect)
5. Tekken 6

There's probably few here and there that I will pick up...Uncharted 2 being the one I could swap around with Mass Effect 2.

Other then that...the two I'm most excited for is Alan Wake and Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM

1) Gran Turismo 5
2) Uncharted 2
3) Modern Warfare 2
4) God of War 3
5) Bioshock 2
6) Mafia 2

That's about it for me. I'm also casually interested in the second GTA DLC, Tekken 6, Max Payne 3 and Splinter Cell Conviction.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM

You should have made this in a few days!
(no order)

Borderlands
Prototype
Uncharted 2
Alan Wake
Halo 3 ODST
Naruto 3 on 360 or Ubisofts Shippudan follow up (bound to be at e3).
Crackdown 2
Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy 13
Steambot Chronicles 2
Old 05-31-2009, 05:31 PM

01 Final Fantasy XIII
02 Gran Turismo 5
03 Uncharted 2
04 God of War 3
05 LittleBigPlanet Portable
06 Gran Turismo PSP
07 Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time
08 Heavy Rain
09 New Metal Gear PSP
10 Assassin's Creed 2
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM

I'm gonna stick to this year... which means no FFXIII and no God of War 3.

Can't do only 10

Fight Night Round 4
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Red Dead Redemption
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dragon Age: Origins
The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf
White Knight Chronicles

Honorable mentions:
Ghostbusters
Mafia 2
Brutal Legend
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Dante's Inferno
The Saboteur
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf
That was suspended earlier this month, hopefully they can get it back on track.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/cd...e-witcher-halt
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM

Gotta do a top 5, as well.

5. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
I liked the gameplay that Quest for Booty offered, and that was just Ratchet and Clank-lite, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the full package with the (hopeful) return of Clank.

4. Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3's SP was rather lame, and a little too laid back for what was supposed to be an epic end to that story arc, however, ODST has a different look, if the most recent trailer means anything at all. And supposedly it ships with the Halo 3 multiplayer on the disc (last I heard, this was a retail release).

3. God of War III
Need I explain more?

2. Modern Warfare 2
COD4 was the best SP of 2007, bar none, if you ask me. It was everything Halo 3 was hyped to be, and it delivered on all of it, and then some, from an SP standpoint. On the MP, it felt unbalanced and there was a lot of noob shit going on in the game. But even if it's the same level of epic that the first one was, then I'm in on the SP alone.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I'm loving the first one. Still need to beat it but I've got time. Looking forward to that multiplayer co-op, personally.

This is just 2009, mind you.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I don't think I can make a "Top 10". There isn't that many I'm that excited about.

I could possibly make a "Top 5", it'll still be stretching it though.

1. Alan Wake
2. Half Life Episode 3
3. God Of War 3 (Though, I'm losing excitement with each "announcement")
4. Mass Effect 2 ( Really digging the "continuation" aspect)
5. Tekken 6

There's probably few here and there that I will pick up...Uncharted 2 being the one I could swap around with Mass Effect 2.

Other then that...the two I'm most excited for is Alan Wake and Half Life 2 Episode 3.
I wonder, I see so much hype for Alan Wake...why? I'm not trying to troll I'm actually curious. To my knowledge it hasn't been shown to be running on 360 hardware yet, and still not much is known yet I see a lot of people want this game. At the same time I see a lot of PS3 only owners getting flamed for wanting some PS3 games in the future yet don't see 360 owners get flamed for wanting Wake.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:23 PM

10. Assassin's Creed 2
Game looks great, and is set in Venice and other parts of Italy during the Renaissance, which is a plus in my book.

9. Aliens vs. Predator
I hated the AvP films, but the old Dark Horse comic was cool and the trifecta of Aliens, Predators, and Colonial Marines seems like a perfect triangle of gaming action, especially for multiplayer.

8. Aliens: Colonial Marines
Aliens is probably my favorite film, and at the very least in my top 5. Sadly this one seems to be delayed or might not come out ever.

7. Fallout 3 (Game of the Year Edition)
I'm still wading through the regular edition of this post apocalyptic funhouse. The new content sounds so awesome though. I don't like to make a habit of re-buying the same game twice, but here I'll make an exception. (I have nothing against going the downloadable content route, but since they'll be releasing it as a full disc edition, I'd rather get it that way and have it feel like a whole new game instead of an episode here or there.)

6. Alan Wake
I've been keeping an eye on this since 2006 when I first heard about it. I hope that they reveal more about this one and the release date at the looming E3.

5. MAG / Modern Warfare 2
This one's a tie. Modern Warfare 2 is a safe bet, but MAG looks awesome too.

4. Heavy Rain
Like Alan Wake, heard about this one back in 2006, was intrigued, and until recently they haven't shown a whole lot. The recently released video showing the investigator at a gloomy junkyard have me really on the edge of my seat for Heavy Rain. I know this won't be out for a while yet, so in the meantime I guess I'll just go play Indigo Prophecy.

3. Mass Effect 2
Loved the first one. One of my favorites from the current gen. Can't wait for part 2.

2. Halo 3: ODST
I've really enjoyed all three of the Halo games. This one looks really interesting due to the new non-linear approach to the SP campaign. I loved playing as a walking tank... aka the Master Chief, but I think it is time for a new type of experience in the Haloverse. ODST seems to be a step in that direction.

1. Dragon Age: Origins
I really loved Mass Effect, even with the occasional slow loading bugs. Dragon Age looks like Bioware has taken the dialogue and character development elements from ME and melded it with a dark adult-oriented epic fantasy world. This game just looks epic, and like Mass Effect and Fallout 3, will be one that should definitely give us a lot of bang for our buck.

Other honorable mentions that look great but didn't make the top 10: Red Faction: Guerilla, Bioshock 2, whatever the heck this new Metal Gear Solid thing is that Kojima is doing, Uncharted 2, The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf (cancelled??), and Alpha Protocol.

Last edited by craigolopolis; 05-31-2009 at 08:44 PM.