NO Ghostbusters talk? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Default NO Ghostbusters talk?

Wow, I am surprised with two weeks to go there isn't more buzz in here about it...?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM
HDD Contributor

I think a lot of it has to do (if you're a seasoned gamer of many years, anyway, much like cinemaphiles were with comic book adaptations years and years ago) with the historical precedent movie-based games have; they usually suck.

Ghostbusters COULD be an exception to this since it hasn't been booted out the doors in time to coincide with an upcoming film, and thus has been subjected to a more normal development cycle. But after being burned so many times, so consistently over the years with movie-based games, it wouldn't surprise me at all if most people are waiting for the game to come out and then get word from trusted friends/reviewers before deciding to get excited.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Previews thus far have been very positive with nods to excelent voice acting from members of the original cast as well as story development and gameplay.

Part of my reason for posting is to get a discussion going as to expectations for this. I'm trying to think of the last movie based game that turned out well myself, and am hoping this breaks the mold.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
...I'm trying to think of the last movie based game that turned out well myself...
X-Men Origins: Wolverine was pretty good... I liked it at least.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I think a lot of it has to do (if you're a seasoned gamer of many years, anyway, much like cinemaphiles were with comic book adaptations years and years ago) with the historical precedent movie-based games have; they usually suck.

Ghostbusters COULD be an exception to this since it hasn't been booted out the doors in time to coincide with an upcoming film, and thus has been subjected to a more normal development cycle. But after being burned so many times, so consistently over the years with movie-based games, it wouldn't surprise me at all if most people are waiting for the game to come out and then get word from trusted friends/reviewers before deciding to get excited.
Well said. If it turns out right, I'll get it for sure. Very few movie game tie-ins have been good. X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay are some of the few.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 PM

yeah i remember the NES ghostbusters, i got it for christmas when i was a kid and it made me want clothes
Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM

i think ghostbusters will suck

I'm waiting for reviews on prototype and will be getting overlord 2

other than that I think I'm good for next month
Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Umm ok

I didn't play Wolverine except for the demo-but liked what I saw. I think a good point was brought up regarding development cycles, which this game has had the luxury of. The participation from Murray and all, too looks great.

My big complaint at the moment is I don't see (please correct me if needed) any talk of multiplayer. Even just to add co-op to the campaign could make this game ALOT more dynamic.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
yeah i remember the NES ghostbusters, i got it for christmas when i was a kid and it made me want clothes
Was that the same one that was on the Amiga? FFFFFFFFFFF That game was hard.

I'm excited for the game, that and inFamous are my summer buys.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
Umm ok

I didn't play Wolverine except for the demo-but liked what I saw. I think a good point was brought up regarding development cycles, which this game has had the luxury of. The participation from Murray and all, too looks great.

My big complaint at the moment is I don't see (please correct me if needed) any talk of multiplayer. Even just to add co-op to the campaign could make this game ALOT more dynamic.
They have definitely mentioned co-op.