Watchmen Blu-Ray to include full PS3 game - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 PM

Default Watchmen Blu-Ray to include full PS3 game

Quote:
Warner Bros. has announced that the special 2-disc Director's Cut edition Watchmen Blu-ray disc will include a full PlayStation 3 video game, Watchmen: The End is Nigh.

The movie is expected to hit stores on July 21st, but there was no word on MSRP for the special edition.

Although it is unclear what extra features will be on movie/game version, the standard edition includes "11 making-of Watchmen shorts, Chemical Romance’s music video for “Desolation Row” and the studio’s debut of ‘Maximum Movie Mode,’ in which director Zack Snyder will appear as the film is rolling to explain various ins and outs of the creation process. Also on the standard Blu-ray edition is a new Web-enabled feature expanding the community screening experience to users’ Facebook friend network."

The game itself has already been partially released as a download via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. The physical game will include two segments, only one of which has been released so far.
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/18033.cfm
Old 05-24-2009, 11:08 PM

Wow, that's pretty badass. The game alone isn't worth the price tag it costs on PSN/XBL but it's a nice bonus.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 PM

sweet deal, glad i never bought it
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 AM

Wow, that's awesome. I wonder if this is only for the US release, since I was considering buying the UK version by Paramount in the event that it featured both cuts and the Warner one didn't.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:12 AM

So it has two segments, but only one has been released? I'm curious if they'll add Online. I mean, it needs it. The game isn't that great...but it isn't terrible. It's a beat em up...that's it.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:33 AM

Hm, I guess I'll get it.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-25-2009, 01:43 AM

Looks like this is a special release and not part of the standard .

More info here:

Quote:
Earlier this year, the movie comic-book Watchmen hit theaters, accompanied by the first episode of a two-part prequel game, The End Is Nigh, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed some plans for The End Is Nigh Part 2 on the PS3 and 360, saying the game would be released in conjunction with the DVD and Blu-ray launches of Watchmen in July, and not only in downloadable form.

If you want to find out what happens to Rorschach and Nite Owl, you can still read the graphic novel or watch the movie.

Both parts of The End Is Nigh will be combined and offered at retail as a stand-alone title on the Xbox 360. For PS3 owners, Warner is offering Watchmen: The End Is Nigh The Complete Experience, which will include the director's-cut version of the film and both halves of the episodic game. Part 2 of The End Is Nigh will also be available on its own through Xbox Live Arcade or the PlayStation Network.

[UPDATE] On Thursday, it looked like gamers who invested $20 in the first Watchmen episode wouldn't have the option of finishing the series. That's when Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed to GameSpot the episode would not be released for the PC. On Friday, though, following reports on sites such as the Big Download, WBIE reversed itself, announcing the game would be available as PC DLC after all.

Developed by Deadline Games (Total Overdose, Chili Con Carnage), The End Is Nigh is a 3D action brawler featuring split-screen cooperative play for two. The game is set before the events of the film and follows film protagonists Rorschach and Nite Owl during their days as a crime-fighting duo cleaning up the streets. The game is intended to fill in backstory alluded to but never discussed in any detail in the comic and the movie.

For more on the first episode of the game, check out GameSpot's review of Watchmen: The End Is Nigh.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6210118.html
Old 05-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Ill get it. Me and my friend had fun with the demo but IMO it wasnt worth $20.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Ill get it. Me and my friend had fun with the demo but IMO it wasnt worth $20.
The movie, or the second part of the game? I thought you didn't really enjoy the movie.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
The movie, or the second part of the game? I thought you didn't really enjoy the movie.
I read the novel and I got more from the movie now, plus it should look great.