Tomb Raider: Underworld PS3 To Get Trophy Patch - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Tomb Raider: Underworld PS3 To Get Trophy Patch

Guess it's time for me to dig that game up and go through it again on the 28th... or whenever I finish Aquanaut's Holiday and Infamous.

SOURCE

And quote:

Quote:
PlayStation 3 owners tired of playing Tomb Raider: Underworld and getting nothing in return find relief next week, as Eidos readies a patch to add trophy support to Lara's latest.

Just in time for the PlayStation 3 version to become a 19.99 Platinum Hit in the UK, Eidos has announced that a patch to add trophy support to Tomb Raider: Underworld will be released on May28th. The announcement was delivered via the Eidos forums by community manager Keir Edmonds.

"I am pleased to be able to announce that the PS3 Trophy Patch for Tomb Raider: Underworld has a confirmed worldwide release date of Thursday the 28th of May. Huzzah! Sorry for the delay and thank you very much to those who were able to wait patiently, it's really appreciated and I hope you get some great Raiding out of it."

Keir gets extra points for using the word "huzzah", a favorite on mine since my days as a renaissance fair frequenter.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Interest peaked a 1000%. Ok, no interest actually.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Interest peaked a 1000%. Ok, no interest actually.
I actually bought the game on day 1 and enjoyed it then mothballed it once it was done. Looks like it's time to revive it.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM

Never been a big fan of Tomb Raider although the new ones interested me a bit. I'm kind of picky when it comes to my games though so no dice.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-22-2009, 06:47 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Never been a big fan of Tomb Raider although the new ones interested me a bit. I'm kind of picky when it comes to my games though so no dice.
The last three games acquitted themselves of the grave, grave error that was Angel of Darkness. In order of quality, I'd say my feeling is Tomb Raider: Anniversary is actually the best of the new trio (longest length, most satisfying flow) while Legend is second best (interesting additions to the story with some nice level design, but a very short, compact, game) and Underworld comes in last (Longer than Legend, shorter than Anniversary, with some interesting level design, but some bad pacing problems and an occasionally questionable story, ultimately leading to a disappointing conclusion). They're all decent games, but to me Underworld is the weakest of the lot and suffers from not having more of the Toby Gard touch, which, I think, is why Anniversary was the best since he was more heavily involved.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:52 PM

It's nice they patched it Shoe, too bad you have to play it again.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
It's nice they patched it Shoe, too bad you have to play it again.
I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Normally when I play a Tomb Raider game I find all the hidden relics and artifacts, because they usually do stuff like unlock extra outfits, art work or cheats like infinite ammo. For Underworld however, finding relics and artifacts did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There was zero motivation to go looking for them.

At least now they're good for something.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:00 PM

I loved Tomb Raider: Underworld. I don't care what anyone says, it was a blast.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:02 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I loved Tomb Raider: Underworld. I don't care what anyone says, it was a blast.
I did like it. I just preferred Anniversary more.

Then again, I have to admit I actually enjoyed The Force Unleashed as well.

Well... stupid Star Destroyer fight excepting, when I stop to think about it more.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 PM

Now you guys make me want to play it.

You guys should play it and loan me a copy sometime