Heavy Rain - New Footage... Wow! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 AM

Default Heavy Rain - New Footage... Wow!

I have to say, i'm really really looking forward to Heavy Rain. Not quite the same type of game as Blade Runner was, but the feel of it seems to be there.

There is a serious lack of dark intelligent thrillers on the 360 and PS3, this could fill the void.

There is some good new footage over on Gametrailers and an interview with the devs.

http://www.gametrailers.com/show/gametrailers-tv

I cannot wait.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 AM

Looks really good but 2 disappointing things:

Its not out 'till 2010 and the whole sequence with the reporter entering the house isn't in the game.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 AM

It really is a movie with button presses. Xbots are going to have a field day with this.

Seriously now, I don't know about this one. It seems weird but I haven't played Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy to Americans, for some reason they changed the name) either. It sure is pretty and the atmosphere is great but I'm not fond of QTEs. I don't hate them as much as others do but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a game that is full of them.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:01 AM

indigo prophecy was a great game i thought (until the ending), looking forward to this

it's a game my wife will actually play and not complain about
Old 05-22-2009, 12:01 PM

This certainly isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm officially intrigued by what I saw yesterday. Can't wait to go dancing at da club!

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-22-2009, 12:28 PM

The game looks interesting. Seems more like an adventure game of old, then anything else this gen.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
The game looks interesting. Seems more like an adventure game of old, then anything else this gen.
And THAT is exactly why I'm interested. If it's HD Indigo Prophecy without the ridiculous plot turn in act 3, then I'm all over this. But I really, REALLY hope, the story doesn't go bizarrely stupid the way it did in Indigo. I'm still convinced there's a 50% chance Cage could do just that.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM

Looks quite sexy. Even if it's just Indigo Prophecy with a story that doesn't die off in the middle, that's already something. It's definitely stylish and the visuals are pretty awesome. On the other hand, they showed a lot of QTE cutscenes and not a lot of open-ended exploration.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:46 PM

this game is looking good. i like quick time event stuff like in shenmue, god of war and RE5. and i like movies, and games that bring forth a good story line, especially one with various endings and such.
now we just gotta wait till....2010 seems like it. i never played indigo prophecy, although ive tried that omnikron the nomad soul game on the dreamcast that the same company did, and i never understood what to do in the game, haha.
why people dont like indigo prohpecy from like the 2nd half of the game? u can spoil it, im not playing the game so i dont mind.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:48 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonNomad View Post
this game is looking good. i like quick time event stuff like in shenmue, god of war and RE5. and i like movies, and games that bring forth a good story line, especially one with various endings and such.
now we just gotta wait till....2010 seems like it. i never played indigo prophecy, although ive tried that omnikron the nomad soul game on the dreamcast that the same company did, and i never understood what to do in the game, haha.
why people dont like indigo prohpecy from like the 2nd half of the game? u can spoil it, im not playing the game so i dont mind.
I won't spoil it, but I will say that the game takes the story in one direction (a very GOOD one) in the first half, and more or less tosses it out the window for another story which makes little to no sense at all.