Fallout 3 DLC coming to PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Default Fallout 3 DLC coming to PS3

So much for being 360 and PC-exclusive. The first three downloadable add-ons for Fallout 3 are all headed to the PlayStation 3, starting late this June with Operation Anchorage, followed by The Pitt and then Broken Steel in 4-6 week increments after that. Exact dates haven't been announced yet for any of the three, nor has one been announced for the forthcoming patch that will enable support for the new downloadable content.
Two new add-ons have been announced today as well; 360 and PC owners will get first dibs on both. The rumored fourth add-on, "Point Look," turns out to be slightly off, as it's actually called Point Lookout, which will take players to "a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content." The usual pricing scheme of 800 points ($10) will be in effect when Lookout is released in late June. The fifth add-on is titled Mothership Zeta and centers around the return of the aliens and an abduction. It, too, will cost $10 and will be available at some point following the release of Point Lookout. PS3 releases of both add-ons will be forthcoming following the release of the first three DLC packs.
For those more comfortable with picking up a disc than downloading content, you're in luck. Bethesda has confirmed the existence of both the already-revealed retail release of Operation Anchorage and The Pitt as Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 -- now announced to be releasing on May 26 -- as well as a second retail release (Game Add-on Pack #2, natch) containing Broken Steel and Point Lookout, releasing at some point in August. Both packs will only be available on 360 and PC (Bethesda says such a release on PS3 is impossible), leaving PS3 players to either download the content from the PlayStation Network or to pick up Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition in October, which will include the original game and all five add-ons for $50 on PC or $60 on PS3 and 360.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174285
Old 05-19-2009, 04:35 PM

yeah we know, already a thread in smackdown
Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 PM

About fucking time! They (Bethesda) screwed with the PS3 owners of the game! If i knew i would had to wait this long for the DLCs, i would had bought the 360 version of it. Why tha heck Bethesda did not let us all know of the exclusivity??!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLight View Post
About fucking time! They (Bethesda) screwed with the PS3 owners of the game! If i knew i would had to wait this long for the DLCs, i would had bought the 360 version of it. Why tha heck Bethesda did not let us all know of the exclusivity??!!
Er, yeah they did. They mentioned it at last year's E3.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Formerly happyendingHDDVD

Now I wish I wouldn't have sent that nasty email to them.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmerchnt View Post
Well, think different. Perhaps it was your mail which moved things into the right direction.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmerchnt View Post
Yeah, i kind feel the same now, but at the same time, as Blinx124 said, maybe it was our complains that got us our DLCs for the PS3!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 PM

The Auto Axe happens to be my favorite melee weapon. Now, PS3 owners get to taste the power of the wonder chopper! Pair that thing with the Chinese Stealth Suit and you're almost unstoppable. I recommend getting either the Mauler or Man Opener. The Man Opener is overall better because it ignore defense, and just chops up the poor soul that happens to get entered into your V.A.T.S..

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 AM

I was pretty sure we were just gonna get it on PS3 as the game of the year edition, but this is a pleasant surprise. $50 in DLC though is pretty steep, I might just wait for it in GOTY anyway.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 PM

Hate to resurrect a thread, but I'm a little bummed that Bethesda's fallen behind schedule with this. Thankfully they're almost done with Operation: Anchorage.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps...is-nearly-done

Quote:
Speaking exclusively to Eurogamer, chief spokesperson Pete Hines said getting the DLC (which has already been released on PC and Xbox 360) to work on PS3 takes quite a lot of effort, actually.

"Yes, quite a bit actually," he said. "It's a different platform with a different way of doing things and it requires special attention and plenty of testing before it's released."

"We are trying to put the finishing touches on it now, but as I said above it's a different task than DLC on another platform, and so there are things we have to finish doing and testing before it's done on PS3."

Testing being the operative word; Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt and Broken Steel all arrived on Xbox 360 amid technical problems. Point Lookout, on the other hand, arrived this week without incident.
It sounds like they're working on polishing it up, so hopefully the extra time will result in a better-running game; the PS3 port of the main game has enough glitches as it is.

It's the middle three of the DLC releases that interest me the most, though.