Ninja Gaiden 3 -> 360/PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Default Ninja Gaiden 3 -> 360/PS3

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200905/...ase-likely.asp

Quote:
In an interview published today on Kikizo, the new leader of Tecmo's elite Team Ninja development studio, Yosuke Hayashi, has essentially confirmed Ninja Gaiden 3.

Although the PS3-exclusive Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 isn't even out of the door yet, Hayashi didn't avoid the question when asked about the future of the series.

Despite former Team Ninja boss Tomonobu Itagaki having previously stated that Ninja Gaiden II would be the final entry in the series, Hayashi told us in no uncertain terms: "we will continue to work towards a future for the series."

He added: "What the gamers are looking for is going to be the next chapter - the future of an outstanding series. We feel that we're in a position of being able to make that call... That calling is already there - we feel it".

In addition, while Sigma 2 will definitely remain PS3 exclusive (no DLC update for 360 owners or anything), Ninja Gaiden 3 seems likely to be a dual-platform release, at least if current thinking is anything to go by.

Hayashi stated that after Sigma 2, rather than do a 360 version of it, "we're going to have to push ourselves to the next level, and we are better off giving both audiences an entirely new game.

Elsewhere in the full interview, Hayashi talks about Itagaki things, the new features in Sigma 2, the Koei Tecmo merger, Japanese developers and plenty of other stuff.
Doubt this will be timed.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Without Itagaki, it won't be timed. The new Team Ninja (Sigma and Sigma 2) are very PS3 friendly.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Scrap Sigma 2, I want 3 now...dosn't matter which system
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM

NGII by itself should've been multiplatform from the get go. I still think that the new features should be available to 360 owners sometime down the road as a DLC; it's only fair.

This is good news of course, and I hope the best for the series. I guess the new management is delegating duties more than before, since the head of TN isn't Hayashi. I guess he's the head of development and there is an exec in charge as well.

The full interview is a good read; he really comes as classy unlike Itagaki:

http://games.kikizo.com/features/int...hayashi-p1.asp
Old 05-15-2009, 03:39 PM

Hope NG3 can keep up the essence of Ninja Gaiden with Itagaki gone. I have my doubts after the Kotaku story from last year that talked about a bunch of the long standing Team Ninja members leaving the company. I could totally see what's left of the team making a God of War clone and calling it Ninja Gaiden.

Hayashi, please, please, please don't drop the ball.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:45 PM

The rumour was that 16 (or was it 12?) people left. Besides, NGII's obliteration was technically a kill QTE but not as interactive.

Notable Japanese developers really liked GOW so I'm sure we'll see little touches added to their games.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX2 View Post
The rumour was that 16 (or was it 12?) people left. Besides, NGII's obliteration was technically a kill QTE but not as interactive.

Notable Japanese developers really liked GOW so I'm sure we'll see little touches added to their games.
I think it was about 16 people. I just remember reading that article and then an hour later Kotaku put up another saying they got an email from Tecmo asking them not to write any more about them, and that was the last I heard of it. They dropped the story all together. I got the impression they had been threatened actually, but maybe that was me just reading to much into it.

I don't know if I would call the obliteration a QTE given that there was nothing quick about it. You weren't under any time limit to use it. You could leave a guy standing for minutes while you worked on other dudes, then obliterate him. More of a move than a QTE.

Still, I hope they keep the active camera system. I hope every enemy has the potential to kill you in seconds if you drop your guard. I hope it keeps a complex Karma system. I hope the boss battles continue to be cooperative experiences with the AI. I hope the game keeps the difficulty high enough to inspire rage quitting like no other game. And I hope it stays fast.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Its a shame that PS3 owners will be stuck getting the basic versions from now on instead of the improved ones.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
Its a shame that PS3 owners will be stuck getting the basic versions from now on instead of the improved ones.
Think of it this way... the group doing the Sigma's are the group helming NG3. Not Itagaki. So in a ways, only Sigma versions will be made instead.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Think of it this way... the group doing the Sigma's are the group helming NG3. Not Itagaki. So in a ways, only Sigma versions will be made instead.
Thats a good point!