Official HDD Devil Summoner 2 Discussion Thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Official HDD Devil Summoner 2 Discussion Thread

I just got a call from my favorite game store saying that my Atlus Raiho plushie is available and it comes with a free game. I'm just going to create this thread for those few souls out there that might be picking up Devil Summoner 2 and wanting to talk about it. I'll probably post some early impressions later in the day once I've picked it up and messed with it for a few hours.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM

I want it, but waiting for a little while to buy it. Hell...I'm not even done w/ P4 and Cross Edge comes out in a week >_<
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM

I'm waiting for Amazon to ship it. I got the super saver shipping so I may wait a few more days.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Atlus Raiho plushie is available and it comes with a free game
Yours too?! Awesome!

But seriously, I fully intend on playing this game once I'm done with Demon's Souls...which may not be for a while
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebonz View Post
Yours too?! Awesome!

But seriously, I fully intend on playing this game once I'm done with Demon's Souls...which may not be for a while
Not to derail this thread too much, but how is Demon's Souls now that you've invested more time into it?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Not to derail this thread too much, but how is Demon's Souls now that you've invested more time into it?
Not to toot my own horn, but I wrote a review of it:

http://www.reviewbusters.net/game/review.aspx?id=1922

I still like it and I really want to beat it. It turns out that you probably have to go through several New Game+ iterations to actually get everything in it. One of the best parts is that if you get tired of the gameplay, just change the weapon you're using and it almost turns into a new game.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM

It really sucks that I have to pay out of my ass if I want to import it.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM

I think it was worth it. Besides, if you hate it, I'm sure the resale value of a used copy in good condition would be quite high.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM

I was supposed to get mine today but hmm has not arrived. I didn't beat the first one, got to the end time scene's and it got incredibly hard. Not sure if I want to grind and beat it, or youtube the ending.

Is there any bonus stuff for DS1 saves? Amazon shipped it for 34.99 with plushy
Old 05-14-2009, 06:29 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I was supposed to get mine today but hmm has not arrived. I didn't beat the first one, got to the end time scene's and it got incredibly hard. Not sure if I want to grind and beat it, or youtube the ending.

Is there any bonus stuff for DS1 saves? Amazon shipped it for 34.99 with plushy
I've got the game sitting on a shelf right now but haven't opened it. I think my wife wants to take photos of the packaging with plushie still intact before we destroy any collector value it currently has.

Also, she is obsessed with Dark Spire on the DS right now, so I'm not allowed to load up Devil Summoner until she's gotten her warrior dual-classed.