REPORT: GT5 to get weather changes, night racing - and yes, damage rendering - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM

Default REPORT: GT5 to get weather changes, night racing - and yes, damage rendering

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/13/r...ght-racing-an/

Quote:
Audi is obviously looking forward to being in the coming Gran Turismo 5. After all, the Quattro company has created a website to promote its car on the Nürburgring in real life and in the game, and it interviewed GT5 mastermind Kazunori Yamauchi about what fans can expect. Yamauchi-san revealed that the game is going to offer not only more vehicles, more online features, and increased detail, but it will also include night racing, damage rendering (previously confirmed), and weather changes.
hell yeah, night time racing! Now if only I had a ps3. Well I migth get one next month. My friend might sell his used ps3 for 250. Hopefully forza has this as well.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM

Freakin' Sweet! I'm hoping for real-life time/weather a.k.a. if it's nighttime and raining in Salinas, California while I'm playing the game, it's a dark and stormy night on Laguna Seca.

Also, imagine the 24-hour endurance races with this.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheend View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/13/r...ght-racing-an/

hell yeah, night time racing! Now if only I had a ps3. Well I migth get one next month. My friend might sell his used ps3 for 250. Hopefully forza has this as well.
your friend must be crazy to sell his PS3 with all the crazy sweet games that are on the PS3! must be loosin his mind...

Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman603 View Post
your friend must be crazy to sell his PS3 with all the crazy sweet games that are on the PS3! must be loosin his mind...

Well he got one of those bc ps3, so he is thinking of selling his other ps3 so he can buy more games.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebonz View Post
Freakin' Sweet! I'm hoping for real-life time/weather a.k.a. if it's nighttime and raining in Salinas, California while I'm playing the game, it's a dark and stormy night on Laguna Seca.

Also, imagine the 24-hour endurance races with this.
Quote:
If you watch the Audi R8 Meets Gran Turismo 5 video, one of the game developers even talks of one day providing weather reports for an entire 24-hour race,

maybe this is a step towards that.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:04 PM

That would be awesome! I'm thinking it has to be in the works since Prolouge provides actual weather data from tracks around the world. Besides, doesn't Life with Playstation have (almost) realtime weather patterns on the globe they display? I'd have to assume that someone at Sony knows how to toss that in a game.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheend View Post
Well he got one of those bc ps3, so he is thinking of selling his other ps3 so he can buy more games.
guess you didnt sense the sarcasm...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. I've heard this BS too many times that I've given up on the game.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I've heard this BS too many times that I've given up on the game.
These features don't seem to unrealistic, but yeah, better to wait and see. I'm still wondering if we'll ever see this "online cruise world" that Yamauchi mentioned in an early interview where people could just cruise around and see other people also out on a Sunday drive.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

The good news: GT is getting all these features. The bad news: "soon"