Street Fighter 4 vs Mortal Kombat vs DC. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

Default Street Fighter 4 vs Mortal Kombat vs DC.

First Ive been a diehard fighting fan since I was in the 5th grade hammering nickles into the size of quarters to play Street Fighter 2 at the local arcade. So 20 years later Im playing Street Fighter 4.....and it really looks like shit....and plays just like a street fighter 2/ street fighter alpha mix. 20 years Capcom.....20 fucking years.....is it really that hard to give Ken or Guile a new move? Maybe a new look?

I dont know how anyone could possibly like this game over MK vs DC. Seriously there is nothing......nothing new brought to the table here...unless you like a 2d fighter with horrible 3d rendered characters. Sorry but give Midways its due credit. New story lines....check. New moves....check......imporved graphics.....check....improved combo system....check....new costumes....check.

The only downfall Mk vs DC has is the couple infinate combos....but if you dont play against spammers its not a problem.

Sorry for the venting...but whats the point of SF4 when they just released SF2 in HD? Its the same game.

Biggest waste of money on my part ever. I threw this fucker in the garbage.
[/rant]
Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 AM

you won't find many to agree with you, just an FYI
Old 05-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
you won't find many to agree with you, just an FYI
No one in their right mind to be exact.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 AM

what's up with people hating street fighter? i mean i know some people don't like fighters which i completely get and i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion

but if it wasn't for street fighter we wouldn't even have a fighting genre to begin with and so what if they use the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality
Old 05-14-2009, 09:47 AM

Cruisin' USA for the Nintendo 64 was a far superior game compared to Playstation's Gran Turismo
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
what's up with people hating street fighter? i mean i know some people don't like fighters which i completely get and i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion

but if it wasn't for street fighter we wouldn't even have a fighting genre to begin with and so what if they use the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality
People are experiencing Street Fighter rage and quick to claim the game sucks. It's a hard game to master but it's a very deep fighter.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebonz View Post
Cruisin' USA for the Nintendo 64 was a far superior game compared to Playstation's Gran Turismo
that's almost sig worthy
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 AM

I discovered that I have a rage problem playing Street fighter 4 (COD4 mp gave me some hints some years ago but not that bad). I am not into fighter but a friend of mine was completely addicted and convinces me to buy it.

I think this game is very well made and incredibly deep. The gameplay is excellent IMHO. I got my ass seriously kicked by other players and by Seth. The minute I threw my controller on the floor I knew that it was over. Id never done that before, even when I was a kid. I sold it right away.

So even if I suck and have a rage problem with fighters I can honestly say that SF4 is a great game.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
20 years Capcom.....20 fucking years.....is it really that hard to give Ken or Guile a new move?
they do have new moves. and new combos. if you could play sf4 more than blanka balling back and forth, you would know that everyone in the cast has been rebalanced and have new moves/combos from the original sf2.
Quote:
Maybe a new look?
i for one like the new art style. all the characters look different. if you want a new look then download the new costume packs. and in mk vs ds... ummm batman looks like... ummmm batman. couldnt midway give batman some cool new wings or something?

Quote:
Seriously there is nothing......nothing new brought to the table here...
other than improved combo system. focus attacks. new ultra/supers that can be comboed into. 5 new characters. ummm yeah. nothing new.

Quote:
New story lines....check. New moves....check......imporved graphics.....check....improved combo system....check....new costumes....check.
that just about describes sf4!

Quote:
Sorry for the venting...but whats the point of SF4 when they just released SF2 in HD? Its the same game.
because its not the same game?

Quote:
Biggest waste of money on my part ever. I threw this fucker in the garbage.
[/rant]
if its still there, i will buy it or trade it for something on my list for $15. let me know.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 AM

I am guessing you like button mashing mindless games. I mean you have to type what you just typed. Sorry but Mortal Kombat died out long ago, and DC can't make a good figthing game, its the poors man marvel.