Long time X360 owner needs help with a PS3 game choice! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
vahdyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 848
Default Long time X360 owner needs help with a PS3 game choice!

Basically, my friend has owned a 360 since launch and recently got a PS3. He thinks the PS3 is great, but no where near as cool as the X360. He basically uses the PS3 as a Blu-ray player, a Divx Player or a DVD upscaler.

Anyway, long story short, he got laid off and shortly after that his Xbox got RRoD'd and it's out of warranty thanks to his case mod. Bored out his mind and depressed, he asked me to suggest a PS3 game. I told him, I'll get it for him, he can pay me back later.

Anyway, I want it to be a great game and something that'll be fun and ease the transition from 360 to PS3.

Any suggestions and both of us thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Yoda's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,607
Default

Uncharted would be a good one
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Snadinator's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post
Basically, my friend has owned a 360 since launch and recently got a PS3. He thinks the PS3 is great, but no where near as cool as the X360. He basically uses the PS3 as a Blu-ray player, a Divx Player or a DVD upscaler.

Anyway, long story short, he got laid off and shortly after that his Xbox got RRoD'd and it's out of warranty thanks to his case mod. Bored out his mind and depressed, he asked me to suggest a PS3 game. I told him, I'll get it for him, he can pay me back later.

Anyway, I want it to be a great game and something that'll be fun and ease the transition from 360 to PS3.

Any suggestions and both of us thank you
What is he into?

I'd say top contenders would be

Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 AM
nmcmahan52's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,219
Default

yeah what snad said, plus warhawk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
yeah what snad said, plus warhawk
Friends don't let friends do drugs....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
vahdyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
What is he into?

I'd say top contenders would be

Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
Valkyria Chronicles
Uncharted
He's a huge Halo fan

He's into sprots (*edit* sports), but that's obvious and no suggestions needed there.

But Ninja Gaiden and other action games hold his interest for a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
nmcmahan52's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Friends don't let friends do drugs....
so is liking warhawk akin to being a meth head or something?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Snadinator's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post
He's a huge Halo fan

He's into sprots (*edit* sports), but that's obvious and no suggestions needed there.

But Ninja Gaiden and other action games hold his interest for a bit.
Then I'll adjust to

Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Uncharted
Warhawk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
HuskerGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
so is liking warhawk akin to being a meth head or something?
It was for me since I was quite addicted to it for a long time.

Otherwise, I think Godstar was insinuating the WH is a bad game, which is blatantly wrong.

As for the OP, I'd suggest KZ2.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Snadinator's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
It was for me since I was quite addicted to it for a long time.

Otherwise, I think Godstar was insinuating the WH is a bad game, which is blatantly wrong.

As for the OP, I'd suggest KZ2.
Godstar was insinuating that the game is addicting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PS3 Controller, Shadows of the Damned X360, Vanquish X360 Master X Video Game Exchange 0 07-21-2012 10:22 PM
The funniest thing in a LONG LONG time..... Favelle Film Forum 0 08-20-2008 02:22 AM
As an owner of a 360 and a PS3, I feel it needs to be said WallyWest Gaming Smackdown 39 04-18-2008 08:36 AM
I have a feeling Start Wars saga wont be comming on Blu-ray for a long long time. sonyfanboy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 26 03-26-2008 11:39 AM
A Long, Long Time Ago....(30 Years Ago Friday) Arkadin Film Forum 6 05-22-2007 11:29 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off