Final Fantasy XIII producer looking into downloadable demo for the West - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM

Default Final Fantasy XIII producer looking into downloadable demo for the West

Quote:
Square Enix producer Yoshinore Kitase has told VideoGamer.com that Square Enix has "no plan" to release a disc-based demo for Final Fantasy XIII in the States. The demo, bundled with certain copies of the Blu-ray release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, thrust PS3 to the top of the Japanese sales charts, and became the best-selling anime Blu-ray in Japan. While including a demo with the upcoming US release of the movie seems like a no-brainer, Kitase explained that a PS3-exclusive demo would be unfair to the Western audience that's also expecting an Xbox 360 demo. "We are going to carry on with the project alongside the Xbox version, so we really can't just make it available only for the PS3," he explained.

Kitase then noted that the company "would like to check" on the possibility of a downloadable demo. We're certain the logistics behind delivering a 5GB demo to the PSN/XBL masses will be quite difficult to figure out.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/fi...le-demo-for-t/

My buddy just got his FFVII Blu ray import in so Ill be checking out the demo asap
Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
My buddy just got his FFVII Blu ray import in so Ill be checking out the demo asap
You can understand Japanese?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Does it really matter?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebonz View Post
Does it really matter?
I would imagine so since the combat is still menu driven. But to be fair that's also a matter of trial and error.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM

Honestly, I don't care about a demo. It's a mainliny FF... I'll buy it. Playing some stunted 0.05% representation of the real thing is just going to be frustrating. Same as the FF XII demo that came with DQ VIII.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Isn't the default always set to "Attack" anyway? I'm guessing mashing X will allow you to do just fine.

Also, I'm sure there are translations available on The Google™
Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
Honestly, I don't care about a demo. It's a mainliny FF... I'll buy it. Playing some stunted 0.05% representation of the real thing is just going to be frustrating. Same as the FF XII demo that came with DQ VIII.
I'm with Red on this. After playing the FFXII demo I realized that demos for JRPGs are less than ideal. Also, having seen the videos on the net, that's enough to keep me going until that far off day when it actually lands in English. In the meantime, there's plenty of other games to play, so I'm actually not drooling for this one. I'm more excited about Brutal Legend at this point.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I actually wish Square did those "sampler" demos again. Like those found with Parasite Eve.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
You can understand Japanese?
My step dad does hes part Japanese but I dont and yeah I really just want to see how great it looks and hit buttons
Old 05-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
We agree here, JRPG's and demo's don't really mix. *remembers our blue dragon argument"