I got a few FREE games today (inFAMOUS and Killzone 2) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM

Default I got a few FREE games today (inFAMOUS and Killzone 2)

Well, back when the Dew tour was here, I took a woman to the airport who happened to work for Sony. I told her how much I enjoyed my PS3 and how I thought that Blu-rays were the greatest thing since sliced bread, true story. Well, she told me that she works for the game department. Apparently LittleBigPlanet was her 'baby,' as she put it. She assured me that the game would be great, as I had mentioned that I wasn't able to tell from the previews which were vague at the time (it had not yet been released).

Well, we talked about some different things and asked what kinds of games I liked. I told her that I loved first person shooters the most, but would play pretty much anything but RPG's. I was trying to mention the game that I was most looking forward to, but I had forgotten the name. The game I was looking for was Killzone 2 as the first one was AWESOME.

Well, she told me that if I were to one day get a package in the mail from Sony that it would be from her. I was gracious, but like many things I thought they might never come to fruition. Still, it excited me for the rest of the day.

Fast forward a few months later to today. I had long since forgotten about it until I found a FedEX box laying in front of my door that was from Sony Computer Entertainment. Imagine my surprise, lol!

I couldn't really get the camera to focus, but you can read that it says Sony Computer Entertainment.

Infamous I have not heard of, but apparently it comes out in late may. Looks like I get to try it out before it hits stores. AWESOME!!!

Does anyone know anything about this game?

I am ecstatic that she sent me Killzone. I thought she might send me LittleBIGplanet since it was her baby, but this exceeded my expectations.

So, needless to say, I am having a great day thus far!!

What a great Monday!

Here is a trailer for infamous

YouTube - Infamous - HD PS3 Trailer (1080p)

I don't recall her name, but I believe I recall her saying that she knows someone on here. So, if you happen to know the person that sent me this, please give her a big thank you for me. I tried to call the number from the shipping label but didn't get an answer. I'll have to try her back later.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Being nice does pay off! Awesome!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Find her... and marry her.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Nice. Killzone is pretty good and inFamous looks great. Come back after playing inFamous and let us know what you think.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM
HDD Contributor

Yeah, I'd be interested in hearing gamer impressions of Infamous. Going to need something to play once I finish Aquanaut's Holiday... whenever it arrives.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Find her... and marry her.
haha, I think I would if I could, lol. She wasn't hard on the eye either if you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
Come back after playing inFamous and let us know what you think.
I'm putting it in right now.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Here are my initial thoughts. I just put the game in and it took almost no time to install. I would have thought it would take forever considering the 1729MB HDD space it recommends on the back. I am just learning the controls, but the inverse left and right look is going to take some getting used to. You move the joystick to the left and you look right. Maybe there is a way to change that or a reason for it later in the game, but it is difficult to deal with as of right now. Maybe I'll think differently after more than 10 seconds of play.

I'll comment back later.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM

Send me the game for proper analizing.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM

There's usually an option in the menu to change the Inverse look on/off any first or third person game. Check for it.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Sweet, I found the way to change the inverted look controls.

It does support trophies because I just got the first one called "good eats." So, for you trophy hounds out there, it does have them. It is one player only, though. No multiplayer or online.

It seems like a cross between spider man, bioshock with the cut scenes from twisted metal. He can climb on seemingly everything. There is also an auto jump if you bounce on an object which has killed me once, lol. So I guess it isn't perfect. None the less, I am enjoying it more than I thought I would thus far after seeing the preview. It was a little difficult having a shootout with that inverse look, but I have that straightened out now, so it should be pretty easy now.

You have an over weight friend that provides comic relief and you have to make decisions that effect your karma either good or bad.

I assume that collecting good karma is the way to go since that was advantageous in bioshock.