X-Men Origins: Wolverine Demo Impressions - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Default X-Men Origins: Wolverine Demo Impressions

I've only played a little of it but one thing I have to say is damn is this kinda violent for a Marvel comic book game. From the opening cinematic, to the actual gameplay, the game was suprisingly violent, at least to me. The graphics look pretty good, except for the screen tearing, damn I hate that and the gameplay was alright I guess. What did you guys think?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 AM

Is it on XBLA?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 AM

Yup. I downloaded it last night. I'm not sure if its a gold member only thing though.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM

yeah its pretty violent. I was not expecting choped limbs, flying heads, claws to the crotch or anything like that. I like it because of it tough. Adds to wolverines persona of how he is only a weapon and is what should have been done in the comics. I don't really like the voice acting that much. So far it has been pretty easy, I am at the part were they take away your regeneration powers and its a bitch, with laser mounted machine guns shooting at you
Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM

Any good? I'm a big Wolverine fan but I don't want a piece of shit crowding my library.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Any good? I'm a big Wolverine fan but I don't want a piece of shit crowding my library.
I would give a 7 because its a beat em up, simple as that. The voice acting is not that good and there is alot of tearing. The story is okay nothing amazing. That being said, wolverine is portrayed as a badass in this game. He cuts guys heads off, he leaps and just throws them out of the way, he impale guys in spikes and basically is out to kill everything in his way. Its basically how I always imagined wolverine being. If you are a beat em up fan and a wolverine fan this game is for you. Hopefully you can unlock some costume skins.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I haven't played enough of the demo to say but I think it will be worth at least one play through. Like intheend said, (from what I've seen so far) Wolverine is pretty bad ass in this game. The gameplay doesn't seem so deep but the brutality of it all made it more compelling. I'm worried though that, being a brawler, it could end up being repetitive in the end, and only worth a rental.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhgete View Post
I haven't played enough of the demo to say but I think it will be worth at least one play through. Like intheend said, (from what I've seen so far) Wolverine is pretty bad ass in this game. The gameplay doesn't seem so deep but the brutality of it all made it more compelling. I'm worried though that, being a brawler, it could end up being repetitive in the end, and only worth a rental.
I have the game and have gotten trough 3 missions. The leveling up helps ease the worry about repetition. You also get abilities during the way so it should help in the repetitive department.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
HDD Contributor

GameTrailers have their review up for the game. 7.2, which is actually pretty damn decent for a movie game.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:47 PM

I'm going to have to pick this up when the price drops (sick of buying movie games and having the price halve on me within 2 months)