Ipod Touch / Iphone games - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Ipod Touch / Iphone games

Since owning my 16G Touch, I've found the app store to be quite addicting. Cheap games, free games, game demos, and other fun stuff are amazing time wasters. I'm curious what everyone's favorite games are.

Drop7-I've recently become absolutely addicted. It's a puzzle game that kind of hard to describe, maybe a bastard child of tetris and sudoku? The pictures make it look absolutely boring, but the actual game is great.

Flight Control-really fun and challenging when you get a bunch of planes on screen at once. I hate those slow ass helicopters.

Zombieville-side scrolling and pretty simple, but gets challenging as you go on. The ammo becomes a little too scarce in the late levels though.

iShoot-like the old computer game, Nuke, or whatever it was called.

Sudoku-pretty self explanatory

Four free-free version of connect 4

Anyone tried the updated Oregon Trail? I've yet to pick up anything more than $2-$3, but the nostalgia factor may push me over on that one.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 PM

http://www.appvee.com/

This is a good reference guide. I've used it on a few of my purchases. They have written and video reviews. I use the videos to determine if it's worth the price. Most are pretty cheap...and good for a few minutes of fun.

Rolando is a Loco Roco clone, for the most part. It plays a tad differently...but overall gives off the same vibe, minus the annoying(yet charming) music.

Hero Of Sparta is a pretty cool little game. Even if it's a God of War ripoff.

Time Crisis Strike is also very neat. It manages to bring over the lightgun games in a very playable format. It takes a few minutes to get use to it...but once you do it definitely works. It's a shame that the full game is only 3 levels.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
http://www.appvee.com/

This is a good reference guide. I've used it on a few of my purchases. They have written and video reviews. I use the videos to determine if it's worth the price. Most are pretty cheap...and good for a few minutes of fun.

Rolando is a Loco Roco clone, for the most part. It plays a tad differently...but overall gives off the same vibe, minus the annoying(yet charming) music.

Hero Of Sparta is a pretty cool little game. Even if it's a God of War ripoff.

Time Crisis Strike is also very neat. It manages to bring over the lightgun games in a very playable format. It takes a few minutes to get use to it...but once you do it definitely works. It's a shame that the full game is only 3 levels.
Thanks for the link.

So Hero of Sparta is worth the $7 or $8 then? I've stayed away just because of the price.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
Thanks for the link.

So Hero of Sparta is worth the $7 or $8 then? I've stayed away just because of the price.
It's definitely considered a "premium" title. It's pretty good. The controls are "virtual". So there's a bit of lag/floaty feel to it all. It definitely isn't game breaking, as you'll get use to it, and start compensating.

I'd say read the reviews, and watch the videos. If it looks like your type of game, then buy it.

I wish they did more demos. It'd make the purchasing a bit easier.

I like it, but I don't play it often. It's just nice to come back to every so often.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 PM

HeavyMach is awesome for the price. It's a side-scrolling shooter with a lot of play out of it.

7CitiesTD is a great inexpensive tower defense game where you set up your towers and try to take out pirate ships.

TapDefense is another tower defense game, but only free. I played it a helluva lot for a free game.

iDracula is a lot of fun. Just a 3rd person shooter killing monsters and stuff.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Lux (demo, no saves or resume) / Lux DLX is a nice Risk clone.

Motion X poker is a cool dice poker game.

Hold Em is very well done.

Lightbike = TRON!!!!!

Jelly Car is perhaps the best free game.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 AM

I gave my brother an 16GB ipod touch today for his birthday....il check these games out once he opens it and lets me use it
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onavarr8 View Post
I gave my brother an 16GB ipod touch today for his birthday....il check these games out once he opens it and lets me use it
That's quite the gift for a brother.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM

I got one, do you have to put a credit card to access the games? It won't let me by just creating an account.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:16 PM

I'd like to say that Scrabble, even though it's from a major publisher, is just an awesome implementation of the game. Being able to connect to Facebook and play games with people there from your iPhone/iPod Touch is just killer.