The threesome is complete! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-24-2009, 09:01 AM

Default The threesome is complete!

I finally succumbed and bought a Wii, so now I have all three mean machines.

The Wii is fun to play with someone else who isn't into most hardcore games, e.g. the wife. It's basically simple and fun for multiplayer games and that's my review. I don't like playing on it alone and can't see how I would enjoy playing any single player game on it.

On a side note, make sure your room has good ventilation as playing for 60minutes plus can lead to quite a workout.

Overrated is a word that keeps coming to mind when I think of the Wii. I guess for the most part, the Wii targeted everyone who really wasn't into gaming before because if you have been a gamer for a while, there is no way in hell that the Wii will fully satisfy you. You would have to own at least a 360 or PS3 for that to happen. I'll keep the Wii for the general fun playing Wii sports with other people but other than that the Xbox 360 or PS3 will handle almost all of my gaming needs, with the PS3 handling the bulk of that.

Edit:
Ooops I posted this in the wrong thread. I had a tab for the game room open as well. Sorry about that. How do I move it to the Game Room forum now?

Last edited by GMWPS3; 04-24-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM

How is this smackdown? I think this would have been better in the Game Room...
Old 04-24-2009, 10:39 AM

uh, is it smackdown because he bought a wii and a 360?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM

kinda makes the smackdown forum a bit less interesting doesnt it? i have all 3 too, and when u are fortunate enough to be able to have all 3 you really dont give a shit what system a game comes out on, i know i dont....
Old 04-24-2009, 11:39 AM

I'd be right pissed if Uncharted 2 came out on the wii/360!!! So much of the charm is the incredible visuals. Am I wrong here? Same goes with Killzone2 or little big planet, Grand Turismo etc.. how could you have those on any other system without taking something away from them?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasp View Post
I'd be right pissed if Uncharted 2 came out on the wii/360!!! So much of the charm is the incredible visuals. Am I wrong here? Same goes with Killzone2 or little big planet, Grand Turismo etc.. how could you have those on any other system without taking something away from them?
The same could be said about Halo and Gears - I'd be royally pissed if I had to put up with craptastic PSN to play those games...but I don't. Just like LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, and Uncharted won't leave the Playstation...so what is your point?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM

house of the dead over kill, get it and play it.
Awesome game for the wii.
Even single player is fun.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
The same could be said about Halo and Gears - I'd be royally pissed if I had to put up with craptastic PSN to play those games...but I don't. Just like LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, and Uncharted won't leave the Playstation...so what is your point?
Completely agreed. If you wanted to wreck HALO, use the online "features" of FarCry2.. man they suck so bad.. wait so long, only to get booted, and matches take forever to get started.. ARRGH! I don't know if the 360 is like that, but the PS3 is.

I think Gears and Halo might be better if done on PS3, but it would take a long time to port properly, and I don't doubt that the MS online is leagues better, even though I've not tried it - I give you that for sure.

My point is that the OP doesn't care what plat a game comes on, well, if you'd be pissed if Halo was PS3, think of how pissed you'd be if it was Wii only.. scratch that, the graphics in Halo3 aren't that amazing.. let's make that Gears of War 2.. if it was on Wii.

Point being, I'd be pissed if a game I really liked the idea of ended up Wii only.. but good thing that won't happen!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 PM

Gears of Wii.

With Marcus Wiinix.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I think Gears and Halo might be better if done on PS3, but it would take a long time to port properly, and I don't doubt that the MS online is leagues better, even though I've not tried it - I give you that for sure.
They may look better graphically, but PSN is unreliable in my area. I have issues at least %10 of the time with lag or severs simply being unavailable. That was what I was getting at.

My overall point though is that each console will have the games that take advantage of it's abilities and you won't find that experience on the other two, so the particular title doesn't really matter so much. The PS3 is still going to push the really nice looking single player experience, the 360 is home base for online multiplayer, and the Wii is obviously the casual box. Sure good games are good games, but those traits are indicative of the consoles, not the titles that are on them.

So yeah "I agree sir!"

Quote:
Point being, I'd be pissed if a game I really liked the idea of ended up Wii only.. but good thing that won't happen!
Suikoden and Dragon Quest bailed in the Playstation brand in favor of Nintendo due to their dominance of the market. While JRPGs may not be your thing, the industry has shown time and time again that the games go where the consoles are. Don't be so sure that you won't see a favorite series wind up as a Nintendo exclusive; Especially if the Wii continues to outsell the competition and growing that gap in the install base. It's the PS2 situation all over again.