Has anyone finished "Viking: Battle for Asgard" on hard? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default Has anyone finished "Viking: Battle for Asgard" on hard?

EDIT: I FINALLY DID IT! Holy shit, that was hard.

I am at the final battle with Hel and I can't fucking do it.

The game wasn't brutally hard until the very end and now it is too hard.

Perhaps my strategy sucks. I have been knocking the enemies into the fire as much as possible after hitting them with the sword once or twice to build up my combo/rage meter and attacking the sword/shield things with LB+XXX when I get a chance. I have smashed four swords and then there were so many enemies that I couldn't kill them all or fend them off. To top it all off, they rarely give you any green orbs to replenish your health, so you are basically screwed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to beat these assholes? I am seriously frustrated here.

Last edited by IceNine; 04-22-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 AM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

I have. I dont remember it giving me too much hassle except getting mad at collecting the skulls for 1000/1000. I know that doesnt help much, sorry. It's been a while.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

I started thinking about it and remember it being a bit tough.

I would go and stock up on life potions and throwing axes from the "market" before going into that battle. Try stocking up on everything before hand. Not sure if I remember but collecting all those kegs may have helped.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
I started thinking about it and remember it being a bit tough.

I would go and stock up on life potions and throwing axes from the "market" before going into that battle. Try stocking up on everything before hand. Not sure if I remember but collecting all those kegs may have helped.
The battle before you get to Hel wasn't bad... that damned flaming chamber with all the enemies is what is fucking me. I can't seem to get it... and I am pissed.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

Now I remember... yes, that made me super mad too. The circle floor where the fire keeps shooting up? That sucked hard.

I just kept at it, basically getting lucky hitting them into the fire and keeping an eye on the fire to jump to the next section to destroy those "poles" to progress.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
Now I remember... yes, that made me super mad too. The circle floor where the fire keeps shooting up? That sucked hard.

I just kept at it, basically getting lucky hitting them into the fire and keeping an eye on the fire to jump to the next section to destroy those "poles" to progress.
Yeah... that's the part. This shit is the shittiest shit ever to be shat out of a game case.



With that said, I really enjoyed the game a lot up until this point.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Yeah... that's the part. This shit is the shittiest shit ever to be shat out of a game case.



With that said, I really enjoyed the game a lot up until this point.
It was a good game even being extremely repetative. I still liked it quite a bit. I heard a rumor of a sequel. Sorry I cant help anymore, like I said it was just luck for me. I remember I gave up trying to kill everyone and just focused on destroying the "poles" though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Holy shit... I just did it.

Fuck, that was hard... and the ending sucked.

Viking Achievements

94% Unlocked

955 of 1000
47 of 50 Achievements


I didn't get the skulls.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
JAWoOKIE's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,138
Default

congrats . the skulls suck at times. You can just run and pick them up without fighting. Once you pick one up it saves so you can move on to the next.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
IceNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
congrats . the skulls suck at times. You can just run and pick them up without fighting. Once you pick one up it saves so you can move on to the next.
The big problem is that you can't go back after you've done the big battle... so I would have to play the whole game again to get them.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$13 Thor: Tales of Asgard combo project-blu Blu-ray Disc Exchange 0 05-09-2011 11:16 PM
'Thor: Tales of Asgard' - High-Def Digest Review Attebery Blu-ray Software General Discussion 1 05-05-2011 10:09 AM
Albert Pyun on Van Damme's Cyborg on blu "The Cyborg Opera version is finished" shesha Blu-ray Software General Discussion 3 03-09-2011 09:32 AM
'Thor: Tales of Asgard' is coming May 17 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 5 03-02-2011 06:21 AM
Viking: Battle for Asgard ApBtFusion Game Room 6 07-31-2008 07:12 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off