Kojima Productions: Do you really want Zone of the Enders 3? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Kojima Productions: Do you really want Zone of the Enders 3?

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2777/k...-the-enders-3/

Quote:
Though luminary game designer Hideo Kojima's most prominent franchise is the Metal Gear Solid franchise, his anime-inspired mech series, Zone of the Enders, has a special place in the hearts of many gamers. The series has been on a 6 year hiatus, and the chances of another entry into the franchise is questionable, despite the success of both the spinoff GameBoy games and the the anime series.

However, it looks like their may still be a chance for a third Zone of the Enders title. In the latest episode of the Metal Gear Solid Integral podcast, the crew at Kojima Productions talk extensively about the franchise. They know that Zone of the Enders is a popular series amongst the diehard Kojima fans, but they question "How many people really want Zone of the Enders a sequel?", putting emphasis on the casual gamers, rather than the hardcore ones. The discussion ends with Aki Saito saying "if there's so many people wanting to see Zone of the Enders, why not put the priority on top, a little further up, you know, but we just want to know.", encouraging listeners to "make sure you write your comments and we'll check your comments out".

So if you or someone you know wants to see a Zone of the Enders 3, make sure you let KJP know here!
Kojima Productions becoming as bad as SE for teasing their fanbase?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Yes Yes Yes

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM

I want MGS4 trophies.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM

yeah that'd be good, i never played zone of the enders, i just played the mgs2 demo
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
yeah that'd be good, i never played zone of the enders, i just played the mgs2 demo
My friend just finished this game and he said it's got alot of movies for a robot fighter, like Movie Gear Solid did.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM

The first one sucked. Never played the sequel...but it looked awesome.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
The first one sucked. Never played the sequel...but it looked awesome.
So what was wrong with it? Oh btw, I love Wizards, not sure if you've ever heard of it, but I got a DVD copy of it that I tend to watch fairly regularly.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
So what was wrong with it? Oh btw, I love Wizards, not sure if you've ever heard of it, but I got a DVD copy of it that I tend to watch fairly regularly.
It was just a clunky and visually boring game. It had a very bland level design. The sequel is miles ahead of the first...and I can tell that from looking at the videos. It found its "style".

Yea, I've seen and studied Wizards. One of my personal favorites of his. Bakashi is an interesting artist/filmmaker. His films aren't particularly well put together...usually a mess in the narrative department. However, he has such an honesty about everything, and style that whatever faults are there are made unimportant.

Wizards
Coonskin (AKA Street Fight)
Heavy Traffic
Fire and Ice

Those are probably his best. Though, I enjoy all of his work. He's just not for everyone.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
It was just a clunky and visually boring game. It had a very bland level design. The sequel is miles ahead of the first...and I can tell that from looking at the videos. It found its "style".

Yea, I've seen and studied Wizards. One of my personal favorites of his. Bakashi is an interesting artist/filmmaker. His films aren't particularly well put together...usually a mess in the narrative department. However, he has such an honesty about everything, and style that whatever faults are there are made unimportant.

Wizards
Coonskin (AKA Street Fight)
Heavy Traffic
Fire and Ice

Those are probably his best. Though, I enjoy all of his work. He's just not for everyone.
Very cool. The only one I've seen from that list other than Wizards is Fire and Ice, and I just loved that movie. I haven't seen it since it's theatrical release though.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM

i used to have fire and ice on vhs, it was awesome, it was one of those cartoons i watched as a kid but knew i probably shouldn't