PSN To Get PS1 Classics - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-20-2009, 03:06 PM
HDD Contributor

Default PSN To Get PS1 Classics

Okay, not sure how legit this is or not, but there's a story over here, that says this:

Quote:
We’ve all had the same thought. With the enourmous library of PlayStation One titles at Sony’s disposal, why haven’t more PSOne Classics made their way to the PS Store?

Well soon enough, you won’t have to ask that question again, as the word is that Sony will be bringing a big chunk of PSN classics to the North American PS Store. Even more specific, they plan on bringing 3 of the titles which helped make PlayStation king. Those 3 titles are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil: Director’s Cut, and (drum roll please…) Final Fantasy VII.

No mention of when exactly this is going to happen, but you can expect them soon.
Personally I'd probably just go for RE: DC. I still have a copy of FFVII, and I've got MGS Twin Snakes on the GC, so RE1 is the only I can't regularly play.

EDIT: And, I only just noticed I posted this in Smackdown, not the Game Room, like I thought. Maybe a mod could help out and move this?

Last edited by Shoeless; 04-20-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Very cool! Great to see this happening, and I've always wondered what was taking so long -- this is an untapped goldmine. If they do the same thing with PS2 games, this gen, or next -- that should be even more easy money.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM

I was just thinking WTF old man here I am bored in the game room? whyyyyyy over here!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:14 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingtotalass View Post
I was just thinking WTF old man here I am bored in the game room? whyyyyyy over here!
There's your answer. Senility is getting to me. But at least I had the skills to finish Chapter 9 of Mirror's Edge in less than six minutes. I may be losing my memory, but the fingers are still working. For now.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Very cool! Great to see this happening, and I've always wondered what was taking so long -- this is an untapped goldmine. If they do the same thing with PS2 games, this gen, or next -- that should be even more easy money.
Probably licensing and regional contractual issues. FFVII is available on the PSN in Japan, as are many, many other titles, so there's likely been a lot of haggling going on behind closed doors with the various devs and publishers when it comes to bringing them out in North America and Europe.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Watcher of stances

thread moved per request.

looking forward to this, price will be a huge factor though.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM

It'd be cool if they fixed localization problems in FF7 and put out that version (at least put it in line with PC version). I might give it yet another run-through then. Otherwise, meh.

They'll sell huge, though.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM

it would be nice, my mgs discs are scratched to hell

and believe it or not, i never played ffvii
Old 04-20-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
It'd be cool if they fixed localization problems in FF7 and put out that version (at least put it in line with PC version). I might give it yet another run-through then. Otherwise, meh.

They'll sell huge, though.
It'd be nice. However, I don't see that happening. I mean, honestly they could probably do a "patch work" with the Eidos translation. Shit, they own them now.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM

I've still got my PS1 versions of FFVII and RE, so I'd likely pass on those. MGS would be a nice treat though (assuming the price is right).

I'm pretty sure they've had RE (Biohazard) on the Japenese store for quite some time now.