I'm typing this from a DSi!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM

Default I'm typing this from a DSi!!

Ok, so I own a psp and had a ds lite, and i just got a dsi today. I have to say...wow! this thing is terrific!

For starters, the web browser is slick! I never use my psp browser simply because of how slow it runs. this dsi browser is lightning compared to the psp. I've been zippin around the net like its a new toy! In fact i'm typing this little review on it!

the cameras are fun to tinker with,as is the sound software, but i probably won't use either instead of my actual camera or mp3 player. Ihope publishers utilize these in fun ways.

I can really see the dsi shop taking off as well. and getting 1000pts right out of the box was excellent as well.

Overall, so far I'm very satisfied with this system and I think it's a very worthy upgrade over the lite. The original ds had my preference over the psp alreay, but the added functionality now certainly seals the deal! If you're looking for portable fun, I highly recommend this!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM

I'm loving my DSi as well.

The web browser is quick and seamless, so I love that, but I'm still waiting on some good titles to hit DSi Ware before I use any of those 1000 points on there.

The mp3 player is pretty good, and I love the little Super Mario equalizer. And, although the cameras suck, it is fun and okay if you want to take some quick shots of something.

If you have a DS/DS Lite for just games, then I suggest you stick to the one you have. The DSi is great just for it's multimedia features, cleaned up menu system, and great versatility.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:12 PM

i agree with saving the points. i bought aqia, which is neat, but im gonna save my other 500 for something else. I'm sure i will get plenty of use out of the shop tho when it becomes more robust.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM

Personally, I didn't like the DSi much, and didn't bother to get it since it removed all the BC, and for the most part isn't BC with all DS games, which to me is B.S. Plus, I don't find the features all that usefull since it's been available on the PSP for years. As a gamer, I like the DS Lite more, but if I was less serious I think the DSi is ok.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM

MP3 player? I thought it wasn't mp3 format.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Personally, I didn't like the DSi much, and didn't bother to get it since it removed all the BC, and for the most part isn't BC with all DS games, which to me is B.S. Plus, I don't find the features all that usefull since it's been available on the PSP for years. As a gamer, I like the DS Lite more, but if I was less serious I think the DSi is ok.
Yeah, BC is the reason why I went and got a DS-Lite rather than waiting for a DSi.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM

I've been typing here on my Iphone since it came out. Bug whoop. No one cares.

About me.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Sorry, there's just nothing speacial about posting from your smart phone I've posted here from my VZW VX-6800 WM device and no one loved me either.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Well.

1st. You didn't mention it.

2nd. You bought an overpriced mobile-phone, how's that anything special?