Should Windwaker be a Wiimake - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Default Should Windwaker be a Wiimake

I was excited when I read that Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 were getting Wiimade if for not other reason than to have widescreen support.

I was wondering if you feel Windwaker should get wiimaked as well?

Many people were turned off by the cel shaded animation, but I would argue its a great addition to the Zelda series, despite the fact that their werent enough temples and honestly it seemed like they cut out whole sequences in the game to make sure they could make the release date.

I think it would be great.

What do you think?

This probably doesnt belong in the Smackdown section, but what other section gets as much action as Smackdown?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Well, the reason to be excited about Metroid Wiimakes is because they'll finally have good controls. I personally hated the GCN Metroid titles, as I felt they had some of the worst controls this side of Timesplitters.

Honestly, there's no point in "wiimaking" Windwaker. I mean, each Zelda is essentially a remake already. I'd like to see them actually bring Zelda into the 21st century with...*gasp* Orchestral Music and Voice Acting. Even a made up language would be fine. Just something to add emotion to the bland text.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM

I really enjoyed Wind Waker. In fact, it was the main reason I bought a Gamecube. I don't have a Wii anymore, so I could care less if they "remake" it.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned

Personally I feel Wind Waker is 10x better then Ocarina of Time. I've played it several times.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:24 PM

I've never played windwalker... though if they do a wiimake then personally I'd like them to go with more twilight princess like styles rather than the cartoonish style.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:24 PM

Ummm to my knowledge Prime 2 is actually suppose to be WS, it's just the original that wasn't.
I enjoyed Windwaker in about everything except that Link looked like a girl. Past that I thought the game was great and got way too much shit. I mean it looked like a breathing cartoon. Frankly I was impressed with that.
Even when RE4 released on the Wii was it legitimately Widescreen? I remember how the PS2 folks championed their version only to find out it was stretched.
edit: What? Do you hate cel-shaded games Crazzeto?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Personally I feel Wind Waker is 10x better then Ocarina of Time. I've played it several times.
Windwaker got a lot of flack for being cel shaded and ended up being unfairly labelled as a kids game.

If you actually played it you would find that it was just a fantastic addition to the series. Id rank it behind Ocarina and Twlight though.

It wasnt perfect though. Whenever I played it at times it felt more like a treasure hunt as opposed to an actual Zelda game and somehow I feel that the developers intended to add a temple or two more, but ran out of time, which resulted a lot of things being found out in the sea.

I do agree that it got WAYYY old seeing the same damn animations over and over.

Nevertheless I absolutely loved the game and I felt that many of the temples were amongst the best ever.

I do agree that it is time to move the series into the 21st century and add voice acting.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarang View Post
Ummm to my knowledge Prime 2 is actually suppose to be WS, it's just the original that wasn't.
I enjoyed Windwaker in about everything except that Link looked like a girl. Past that I thought the game was great and got way too much shit. I mean it looked like a breathing cartoon. Frankly I was impressed with that.
Even when RE4 released on the Wii was it legitimately Widescreen? I remember how the PS2 folks championed their version only to find out it was stretched.
edit: What? Do you hate cel-shaded games Crazzeto?
I didn't care for the cartoonish graphics, it kind of turned me off.. Honestly as it was I was hoping they'd make Twlight a little darker with darker imagry but I guess nintendo doesn't want to go that far... but, still... if they don't want to go that far then I at least would love twilight style graphics... But hey, that's just me and it's not like nintendo needs to bow to my wishes or anything
Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM

No.

Every zelda game should get highdef treatement, or a wiimake at least, but I'd put windwaker toward the end of the line on that priority list.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:57 PM

Badger = Joke account.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club