Sega announces new shining force, fingers crossed it doesn't suck. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Default Sega announces new shining force, fingers crossed it doesn't suck.

http://shining-force.jp/new/

no details yet, maybe they'll put the VC team on it and make it more of a strategy game again.

But as news develops i'll try and update the thread.

I hated the ps2 shining forces and didn't get far into them before putting them aside.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM

I hope so. I haven't even played any of the PS2 shining forces, I had too many bad experiences playing games that were nothing like the series they were named for. I heard nothing good about those PS2 games either.

I'm very much a fan of games series sticking to their basic premises and evolving them rather than second guessing what their built on and starting over from square one.

For example, if you play a Grandia or a Disgaea game, you know what you're going to get. I like that.

If they have an idea they think would work better than the old system, great, start a new IP and see if it really works. If it doesn't you just have another failed IP rather than destroying the faith a fanbase has in your series.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:10 PM

you're lucky you didn't play the ps2 ones, not only were the controls clunky the production value was shit, it's almost like they forgot this was a great respectable SRPG series in the hayday of sega.