Fatal Frame Wii Never Coming To North America - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Fatal Frame Wii Never Coming To North America

Better start brushing up on your Japanese, Fatal Frame fans. Because barring a European release down the road, that's the only way you're going to be able to play Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, the franchise's latest and greatest for the Wii.

"Nintendo holds the publishing rights to Fatal Frame Wii, which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008," Tecmo said in a statement to IGN.

"Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America - consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America."

Much sadness all around. Don't worry Fatal Frame fans, kanji isn't that hard to figure out. Promise.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173640

Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Very sad news indeed.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Maybe the idiots at Techmo should buy back the license and put it out on other consoles. I would actually buy this if it came out on PS3 or the 360, but no biggie if it's on the Wii.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Nintendo has this rule about not releasing games people actually want to play.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
Nintendo has this rule about not releasing games people actually want to play.
lol, I hate it when that type of stuff happens.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 AM

LOL, Nintendo cares about gamers...not for a long time.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:56 AM

i used to be a huge nintendo fanboy back in the n64 days. but now with the wii and no games. i was starting to hate them. plus im a ps3 fanboy now. but not only is the new fatal frame on nintendo, but theyre not releasing it in the states. i woulda bought a wii for the 2nd time if it came out. so now i officially hate nintendo and i hope they all get the diareah for life!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidHead80 View Post
Better start brushing up on your Japanese, Fatal Frame fans. Because barring a European release down the road, that's the only way you're going to be able to play Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, the franchise's latest and greatest for the Wii.

"Nintendo holds the publishing rights to Fatal Frame Wii, which was developed by Tecmo LTD. and Grasshopper Manufacture and released in Japan on July 31, 2008," Tecmo said in a statement to IGN.

"Nintendo of America has since then decided not to publish the title in North America - consequently, the title will not be released in this territory. As the owner of the IP, Tecmo feels very unfortunate that the fans of the series in North America will not have a chance to play the game, but respects the final decision made by Nintendo of America."

Much sadness all around. Don't worry Fatal Frame fans, kanji isn't that hard to figure out. Promise.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173640

Kotaku had a story up about it not hitting Europe either.