This is why I love waiting for PS3 games! - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Can you wait for PS3 remakes
I can wait as long as there's extra content 4 10.81%
I can wait, it's my system of choice 16 43.24%
I can't wait, if the release a remake I'll still get it on PS3 1 2.70%
I can't wait, I won't need the PS3 version after I complete it on Xbox 360 16 43.24%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Default This is why I love waiting for PS3 games!

Tales of Vesperia, Red Alert, Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma and Eternal Sonata all came or will come with extra content. I don't know if BioShock did, but regardless...

Isn't that grand?

I'm a patient guy so I don't mind the wait...

What about you guys, how do you feel about waiting...

I couldn't wait for Star Ocean though, so hopefully they don't announce a PS3 version of that.

Last edited by vahdyx; 04-08-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Watcher of stances

Bioshock did, DLC and a harder difficulty.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:37 AM

i can wait, i pretty much have to, not a big deal to me i can't play all the games i have already
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 AM

Bioshock came with extra content in the form of a new difficulty mode and the challenge rooms. FYI - all games that are released on another platform, then come to the PS3 later on are required by Sony to have extra content.

Is it worth it? Not to me. I don't usually buy DLC or add on content to begin with (aside from maps in FPS games), but aside from that, the extra content pretty much never makes a serious change to the game. It's normally just some extras tacked on. Nothing against the PS3 versions or anything, but I'm glad I got to play Bioshock through 3 times when it launched, rather than having to wait more than a year to get my hands on it.

Then again, I also much prefer the 360 controller, achievements, Live, and being able to loan the game to my friends. So there are other factors besides additional content for me.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i can wait, i pretty much have to, not a big deal to me i can't play all the games i have already
ThisThisThis.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 AM

It's pretty much settled that until a controller I can use without my hands cramping up is readily available for the 360, I won't consider it. Price is the other major factor. It's a great price if you want the machine, but if you only want one game, then the cost of entry is high. As far as games that have been xbox exclusive, I've not been too interested (or that involved - there may be something I'm into, but don't know about).

If.. Uncharted2 came out for Xbox Only.. I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and play in 10 minute spurts.
If...COD5 came out for Xbox only, I'd look at buying one pretty quick, and wouldn't want to wait
If...Heavenly Sword 2 was made, I'd pick one up fairly quick, and wouldn't want to wait.
Same goes for Motorstorm 3 (if made)
If FC2 was platform specific, I'd have an Xbox already

If a shooter comes out that has every feature I want in a perfect shooter, I'm definitely in.

Mostly, I'm content to keep the PS3 running all the time, and "wait" if there is ever an exclusive that I'm interested in - unless they are one of the few "system sellers" to me.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Nobody loves waiting, you 're just telling yourself that.

And extra content is a requirement Sony has for 360 timed exclusives to appear on the PS3 in order to sweeten the deal for PS3 owners. It's usually unsubstantial from what I've seen.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM

the claims of extra content on Red Alert have been dubious at best according to all the reviews I've read... unless you consider blooper videos as extra content. It's all quite negligible... even for Tales and Eternal Sonata... an extra character doesn't bring much to a game.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM

vesperia depends, if they add Flynn stuff it'd be awesome... but some little pirate girl? Meh. I might give it a 2nd go though depending on the extra stuff with dialogue & costumes. I'll have to see more as it gets closer.

I'm compulsive though, I can't wait. And I don't understand how anyone can "love" waiting a year for a bit extra. NG2 looks to be a different story, but still.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
Nobody loves waiting, you 're just telling yourself that.

And extra content is a requirement Sony has for 360 timed exclusives to appear on the PS3 in order to sweeten the deal for PS3 owners. It's usually unsubstantial from what I've seen.
Well your right, but the reward of waiting is worth the wait for me. I'm the type of guy that feels gipped when an elite model releases after I buy the top model. I'm also the type of guy that feels ripped off when DSi's get announced after I buy the lite, then get's angrier when they announce a lite after i buy the original, and PSP lite etc.

I don't get too angry, but I feel like I got the short end of the stick. When I buy, I try to buy the top of the line and I hate when they release a model better than the model I bought. I usually don't go out of my way to get it, but sometimes I do like the Xbox Elite... why well I don't know because I still don't use my Xbox nearly as much as my PS3.

For example my Car, without even researching it, I bought the TL, well what happens, they release a TL type S. I'm sad about that.