riddick: dark athena - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 AM

Default riddick: dark athena

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47698.html?type=flv

Gets an 8, I will definitely pick it up. Any of you doing the same?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 AM

Got the game but I am kind of disappointed. I expected the graphics to be better at least cleaner with better textures. I used to have the directors cut and I donít know if the new version is ported from that or the Xbox version. For example I got a pic here displaying the difference between this version and the Xbox version. The wired issue is that the lower screen looks like the new version as its much cleaner, but when I started the game today it look like the top image. The thing I notice the most is the suit the warden is wearing. In this new version heís wearing what is in the top image which looks to be of lower quality. Yet the picture says otherwise. Also the graphics option menu is a mess with widescreen options it has and the AA plus lighting issue where one turns off if the other is turn on. Kind of sucks as I sold the Directors Cut for $10 and bought this for $50 in hopes of a better upgrade with along Athena.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/237...comparison.jpg
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM

I finished the "Escape from Butcher Bay" part a couple of days ago. The graphics are not bad at all, but I was a bit disappointed with a few things. I found all this stuff that I was supposed to bring back to people in the yard, but I could never get back to the yard, so it was all wasted. You could also buy things, but they would always end up getting taken away from you, thus pissing me off. I bought a 120ud guard suit, only to get to wear it for about 4 minutes before a cut scene came up and I lost it.

That shit pissed me off.

At any rate, the game is not bad and the graphics are not as bad as people are saying. Is it the best looking game in the universe? No, but that's not the point.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM

i'll get it when it's cheap, the demo didn't blow me away like the original butcher bay did
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 AM

I thought the demo was pretty cool, it's just not my type of game. I could see it being fun though.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
At any rate, the game is not bad and the graphics are not as bad as people are saying. Is it the best looking game in the universe? No, but that's not the point.
You misunderstand. Back when this was an Xbox 1 game, it was easily one of the best looking games ever.

They haven't updated it at all and it's disapointing.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 AM

I really liked the original so i'll buy, shipped from amazon already.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Watcher of stances

should arrive from gamefly today, loved the original.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
You misunderstand. Back when this was an Xbox 1 game, it was easily one of the best looking games ever.

They haven't updated it at all and it's disapointing.
I have the original game on Xbox (actually my son has it, but I have seen it a lot) and I can say, without question, that the graphics are a LOT better than the original. This doesn't mean that it is the best looking game in the world, but the graphics never took me out of the game at any point, so they worked just fine.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM

IMO, one of the biggest things EFBB did for the FPS world was so simple yet obvious:

When you look down, you can see your legs.

So many great FPSs don't do this and it boggles my mind as to why they don't "go the extra mile" and do this. Simply being able to see your feet leaves you feeling less like a floating gun (*cough* Half-Life 2 *cough*) and more like an actual person.