Konami Confirms New Silent Hill For Wii, PSP, PS2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM

Default Konami Confirms New Silent Hill For Wii, PSP, PS2

It wasn't an April Fools joke. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a "reimagining" of the original Silent Hill game, is coming to Wii, PlayStation 2 and PSP this fall.

Shattered Memories comes from UK studio Climax, the same developer behind Silent Hill: Origins, which originally premiered on PSP and was later ported to PS2.

There are only a few official details on how Shattered Memories will differentiate from the game it's based upon so far. The basic storyline is the same -- Harry Mason, looking for his daughter Cheryl, finds himself battling the demons of the underworld in the foggy town of Silent Hill. New "clues" and "gameplay paths" are promised.

Harry's primary tool is a torch to light his path, but he'll also have access to a cell phone with GPS capabilities and the ability to snap and save photos. There's also a new dynamic Konami is calling the "psyche profile" that "monitors every aspect of player's reactions" and will "adapt" as Harry meets new characters and enemies. No, we don't really know what that means either, but we're anxious to find out.

Climax is behind all three versions of the game, though the press release seems to suggest the Wii version is the lead platform. We should know more later this week when Konami holds its annual "Gamers Day" press event in San Francisco.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173595
Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Oh well, good luck with that Konami. I won't be buying it on any of those systems.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 PM

I'll probably pick it up on either the Wii or PS2. I still need to finish the new one. Lack of trophies kind of killed my intrest in the middle of it.