Tales of Vesparia Coming To PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Tales of Vesparia Coming To PS3

Not your typical news source, so take this with a grain of salt, it might be an April Fool's joke, although the website itself claims it isn't.

SOURCE

Quote:
After being tricked and toyed with time and time again, how suiting is it that April Fool's Day would bring about the real announcement of Tales of Vesperia hitting the PS3 later this year. The latest issue of Jump in Japan has a massive blowout of Tales of announcements for the Wii, PSP, and PS3.

Tales of Graces will be the next Tales game to land on Wii. Planned to release later this year, Tales of Graces is the first main Tales title to land on Wii. While details are scarce at the moment, we do know that the plot will entail a theme of protecting people. The main character vows to never lose someone important again.

Tales of VS will be landing on the PSP and will be the direct rival of Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Fundamentally sharing the same basic overview, Tales of VS will have 4-player fighting mode. Thus far, only Yuri (Tales of Vesperia), Luke (Tales of the Abyss), Shing (ToH) and Richter (ToSKoR) have been revealed. I'm sure Lloyd will make an appearance as well.

Finally, we have Tales of Vesperia for PS3. The PS3 version will come with a new character named Patty Fleur. Other than that, we have little to no details about any other changes Tales of Vesperia will get before it releases later this year.
I sure hope this is true. It may not be turn-based, but from earlier HDD reports, it's a pretty decent game, so I'd get it on day one.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM

Skeptical as the site that gets to announce it first is called "Kombo.com"
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Skeptical as the site that gets to announce it first is called "Kombo.com"
Yeah, they're quoting Jump magazine in Japan as their source, so I guess we can wait and see if any others jump on the band wagon to confirm this.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM

I'd play it again.

But yeah. I didn't know Jump even did game news so o.O;
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM

I wasn't a fan of the game, but it seems to be held in high regard among JRPG's... So if it happens then I guess it's a good thing for gamers who like that style of game and only have the PS3. Here's hoping the best for you guys.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 PM

I know several people on the forums seem to love it, but so far I'm just not seeing it. I think I was only about 10 hours in, but if nothing else, it has a very slow start. Now that I've finished Suikoden V, I'll probably start playing it again.

So characters are decent enough, my biggest complaint right now is that it's one big case of "The princess is in another castle" except it's more like a couple of minor errands you're doing that you just can't seem to finish.

The dialog isn't bad but it's nowhere near, say a Disgaea game, where you can enjoy the game just off the comedic value. And as far as the plot goes, all they've done is some minor foreshadowing that something interesting might happen in the future. But I think 10 hours is a bit excessive to make people wait before you start things moving.

Someone please tell me the game picks up A LOT in the near future. It wouldn't be the first game I've played that just took a while to get good, but it's certainly lost points in my book no matter what the rest of the game is like.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStroms View Post
I know several people on the forums seem to love it, but so far I'm just not seeing it. I think I was only about 10 hours in, but if nothing else, it has a very slow start. Now that I've finished Suikoden V, I'll probably start playing it again.

So characters are decent enough, my biggest complaint right now is that it's one big case of "The princess is in another castle" except it's more like a couple of minor errands you're doing that you just can't seem to finish.

The dialog isn't bad but it's nowhere near, say a Disgaea game, where you can enjoy the game just off the comedic value. And as far as the plot goes, all they've done is some minor foreshadowing that something interesting might happen in the future. But I think 10 hours is a bit excessive to make people wait before you start things moving.

Someone please tell me the game picks up A LOT in the near future. It wouldn't be the first game I've played that just took a while to get good, but it's certainly lost points in my book no matter what the rest of the game is like.

I liked it off the bat but it does take off a lot after you get all the characters like Judith, Rita et all. But I disagree 100% with the dialogue being poor. The skits in this game are at times fantastic. I own Disgaea 3 and I watch the intro and the opening in game cutscene and was like WTF?!? I can't see how anyone thinks that is great dialogue... different strokes and all I guess.

Really don't get the princess in another castle thing... the Pricess is practically at your side the entire game.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM

Hey, I've got Super Mario DS, I'm on world 3 and I can tell you right now that "Sorry, but the princess is in another castle" just never gets old!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I liked it off the bat but it does take off a lot after you get all the characters like Judith, Rita et all. But I disagree 100% with the dialogue being poor. The skits in this game are at times fantastic. I own Disgaea 3 and I watch the intro and the opening in game cutscene and was like WTF?!? I can't see how anyone thinks that is great dialogue... different strokes and all I guess.

Really don't get the princess in another castle thing... the Pricess is practically at your side the entire game.
I said the dialog isn't bad. It's hardly comedy gold here. Nothing that would cause me to even go so far as chuckling out loud. Disgaea 3, on the other hand, had several parts that had me literally with side-splitting laughter.

Games don't have to all be comedy, but if they're not comedy, they need plot, and so far Vesperia has been very slim in both. The princess is in another castle line was in reference to the fact that you're trying to find a particular person for reasons unknown, but wouldn't you know it, whenever you get to where he last was, you just missed him.

Then you get sidetracked into some side quest, none of which have been terribly interesting yet before you can continue on to the next location and just miss the person you're looking for again. It's a formula that got very old, very quickly.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm playin through Vesperia for my 1st time now and so far think it's OK, if slow moving and not really anything of interest happening. I have Rita, and just beat the part of the game that was the wolf-boss demo on Emead Hill (Gundov or something)

Hoping the game picks up as basically all I've done for 10 hours is chase a blastia theif and Flynn around the damn globe. I need more incentive then that haha