Overlord trailer and screens. Looks Sweet - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Overlord trailer and screens. Looks Sweet

Trailer:
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...rlord-Trailer/

Trailer is very cool looking

Quote:
In Overlord, players begin the game as a wonderfully despotic character complete with a small team of loyal minion side-kicks. As areas of the kingdom are conquered, the Overlord grows in might to become the supremely powerful force, equipped with devastating spells and a devoted minion horde at his command. It's like character building on steroids…

As the Overlord develops, so does his need for ever more effective armour and weaponry. Giant smelters containing rare metals 'recovered' on pillaging raids can forge heavy-duty weaponry that reflects your growing magnificence. Along with the metals, the odd minion soul can also be thrown in to the forge's fire to enchant new items… a few hundred fiery Red minions tossed into smelter will make for a suitably impressive flaming sword.

After commanding minions and conquering the land, the Overlord still has a base to rebuild. At the beginning, your tower is in ruins. As lands are claimed, artefacts looted and enemies slain, it is restored to its former glory as your imposing Dark Tower, inhabited by hundreds of minions.

Within the Dark Tower is the Throne Room; from here travel to and from the outside world via the Tower Portal. Down in the Dungeon, specimens of defeated enemies are kept in readiness for the Overlord and your minion horde to have a bit of fun with. Meanwhile, in the Overlord's Private Quarters, take a break from world domination and enjoy the company of your mistress…

More Screens:
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gall...59/Overlord/p1
Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Am i the only one who thought that trailer was cool?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Am i the only one who thought that trailer was cool?
Nope....The trailer was cool but no everybody is into those type of games. Still good news MX. (wait and see how people will smack me down) if you want to get attention just say the contrary and people will eat you a-life.....
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 PM

The idea behind this kinda reminds me of the rather awesome PC game by Bullfrog called 'Dungeon Keeper.' If it's even half as fun to play then this could be a real gem!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:19 PM

Interestingly I picked up this game on PC just yesturday (its been out over a year). Mucho fun! anyone who doesn't have it already on PC should pick up a copy!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:25 PM

It's more like an adult themed, action game with great graphics and a small hint of Lemmings. I say lemmings since each of your 4 colored minions can do certain things well. Sometimes you have to run your minions down one path and place a marker for them to stay put and not come after you. Then you have to run around a different path that they can't travel (through water - granted blue minions can but I don't have them yet.) and once on the other side release them from the marker to come to you. Also there are many areas on the map that you will have to come back to at a later time as your current line up of minions can't go there. At this point I have a mistress, a couple pieces of tower pieces, yellow, red and green minions. Overall, I'd say the game is very enjoyable.