Will integrated CPU/GPU's(see AMD/ATi) make an Indrema a real proposition again? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Will integrated CPU/GPU's(see AMD/ATi) make an Indrema a real proposition again?

I also wanted to add "and a cheap one at that" as well.

We all know the GPU and CPU are a substantial cost in console parts. My thought was with AMD having acquired ATi we could see an integrated GPU/CPU offering that would cost quite a bit less then both separate. Also as part of this decreased cost I believe it would give a system like the Indrema a lot of wiggle room in order to be able to sell to begin with.
I mean after that all we're talking about is the HDD, BR drive and RAM. While this console would obviously be SD or at this level of consoles stably, doing rock solid 720p with lots of effects, I think that would suit the market interested in it. One thing that would have to be standard is a SCSI to give a nice quick install speed since apparently SATA's still can't hack it yet comparatively, in the load cacheing. Install time is affected I'm sure but I'm really thinking about the latter though.