Do players really need a Fight stick to play Street Fighter? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Do players really need a Fight stick to play Street Fighter?

I have been playing street fighter since the SNES days and have found that the gamepad is just as good as any fight stick? There are gamepads that totaly suck like the xbox/sega ones but the Nintendo and Playstation ones work great. Every combo i've seen I can pull off on the gamepads and joystick and at times find it on the gamepad to be much eaiser also. Due note that when I do these combos they are not always a one on one match but sometimes just for fun using a second player both in the arcades and home systems. So, do players really need a joystick to play street fighter better or is it just to have a true arcade feel?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspec View Post
I have been playing street fighter since the SNES days and have found that the gamepad is just as good as any fight stick? There are gamepads that totaly suck like the xbox/sega ones but the Nintendo and Playstation ones work great. Every combo i've seen I can pull off on the gamepads and joystick and at times find it on the gamepad to be much eaiser also. Due note that when I do these combos they are not always a one on one match but sometimes just for fun using a second player both in the arcades and home systems. So, do players really need a joystick to play street fighter better or is it just to have a true arcade feel?
If you want to be competitive online, yes a stick is necessary. The PS3 d-pad, although better then the 360 d-pad, is still atrocious.

This isn't even arguable. A stick player can dance around a d-pad player providing skill is even remotely close.