Breaking News: COD:WAW DLC!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM

Default Breaking News: COD:WAW DLC!!!

Three new multiplayer maps and one new zombie map are coming in March.

http://www.callofduty.com/supplies_m...plies_map_pack
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Whodathunk?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:11 PM

Call of Duty is lame for recycling single player maps into multiplayer maps.

Lame. But still fun.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM

New zombie map would be fun, meh on everything else

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Most people have already gone back to CoD4 on my friends list, and the rest are only playing WaW until Killzone 2.

I really, REALLY dislike Activisions handling of map packs. CoD4 was robbed, it should have had at *least* 3. The only reason it didn't get a second map pack IMO is because they wanted people to be bored enough of playing it to buy WaW. It worked, but goddamn if I'm buying WaW crap.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 PM

different point of view here, I think map packs are the only DLC worth buying. I liked CODWAW, and got tired of COD4 - if they had more packs though, I'd still be playing it - tell you that much. I think I'm going to do a couple of levels of mirrors edge tonight, and then try to finish campaign on WAW. (only finished the co-op so far.)
Old 02-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomba View Post
Most people have already gone back to CoD4 on my friends list, and the rest are only playing WaW until Killzone 2.

I really, REALLY dislike Activisions handling of map packs. CoD4 was robbed, it should have had at *least* 3. The only reason it didn't get a second map pack IMO is because they wanted people to be bored enough of playing it to buy WaW. It worked, but goddamn if I'm buying WaW crap.
People are going back to COD4 to finish ranking up IMO. I have my 55 Golden Cross so there's little incentive. COD5 really is a change and is just as fun. Inaccurate weapons,flamethrower, no night vision, arty/dogs, new perks, squad system w/ squad leader commands, vehicles, zombies. I really don't think they nickled and dimed us or cheated us in any way. Treyarch did a bangup job. The $60 was well spent.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
People are going back to COD4 to finish ranking up IMO. I have my 55 Golden Cross so there's little incentive. COD5 really is a change and is just as fun. Inaccurate weapons,flamethrower, no night vision, arty/dogs, new perks, squad system w/ squad leader commands, vehicles, zombies. I really don't think they nickled and dimed us or cheated us in any way. Treyarch did a bangup job. The $60 was well spent.
You do have a point there...

But with World At War, I feel no incentive to do Prestige because I simply don't care. It's good, but I just don't feel equally as compelled anymore....and it's probably because it plays close enough to COD4 that now I'm just starting to get tired of this style of Call of Duty now. Perks, UAV's/Recon Planes, Airstrikes/Artillery Strikes and all, I'm just doing it to feel self fulfillment these days (55 Golden Cross). It's fun, but not in the same way.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
I never said WaW was a bad effort, just that they so blatantly withheld map packs from CoD4 so as to further encourage people to get the 'next CoD'.
As far as I recall, the CoD4 map pack sold millions (and just about everyone seemed to have it..), yet there was no followup. Strange. Yet here we are with WaW getting 'the first' of what will probably be many. Because Activision knows EVERYONE is going to tradeup to CoD6 anyway, which wasn't the case with WaW.

But I do take offence with the inference that vehicles added *anything* to the game. They're overpowered and shitty. I mean its easy to say you can destroy them easily enough, but in practice whoever gets to the tank first is going to get dogs and fuck shit up.
Oh and the lack of accuracy, whilst making the games a bit more diverse, sees nearly every top player stick with juggernaut and the mp40 (most often w/double clip + steady aim to boot), which makes the game less diverse in practice.

Quote:
But with World At War, I feel no incentive to do Prestige because I simply don't care.
Same. I have spent far more time playing private lobbies with my clan, haven't even reached lvl 65 even though my playtime is like >3 days and my KDR is 2.9. On CoD4 I maintained a top 500 rank even after a months break when GTA4 hit.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM

It don't think it was due to COD5. I think IW wanted to concentrate on COD6MW2 due this fall.